PDA

View Full Version : I'm so scared

Jennabarker
12-03-17, 00:57
I still think I have a tumor. I can't help it. These phantom smells are killing me

LG18
12-03-17, 00:59
Been there with the tumour worry. Currently going through it now.
I don't have worry about fantom smells but a ton of other symptoms my anxiety latches onto.

Have you been practicing any CBT methods?

Sixpack
12-03-17, 01:00
Sorry that you think that.

Maybe you should have another MRI and have it ruled out.

Jennabarker
12-03-17, 01:06
I wish I could

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Are you positive a tumor would have shown up on a non contrasted MRI?

Sixpack
12-03-17, 01:16
You wish you could? Why can't you? Just go tell the neurologist that the last one you had HAD to be wrong because you believe phantom smells can "only be caused by a tumor" and that you absolutely need another--just one more. Maybe he will relent and give you another peace of mind MRI. If he doesn't, then find a new neurologist. If you really, REALLY think you have a tumor, then go until you get the diagnosis. Jenna you have posted so many threads about a brain tumor. There really is very little else any of us can tell you.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

I wish I could

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Are you positive a tumor would have shown up on a non contrasted MRI?

It does not matter what I think

Jennabarker
12-03-17, 01:44
I just wanna know what you think. And I will still have to pay for another one if I get one

Sixpack
12-03-17, 02:09
I have told you numerous times what I think over many of your threads. If you want to know what I think, go and reread those posts. There is nothing new to say on the subject. I am not going to give you any more hits of reassurance. It is not helping you. I know you think it does but that is how anixety works. It lies.

Regarding paying for another MRI: any person who had a real and legitimate reason to be concerned about a serious disease such as a brain tumor would find a way to pay for a medical test. Of course, they wouldn't have to because they would have accepted the expertise of the neurologist and the validity of the first MRI.

Treat your anxiety disorder. Quit feeding your fears, Quit googling, quit monitoring/self-checking, quit seeking hits of reassurance--long term. Start engaging in your life, get involved in meaningful activities, exercise, eat well--long term. These would be the most logical things for you to be doing. Then, over time, you will find your irrational thoughts will begin to subside. Until then do not expect for the "phantom smells " and your fears of a brain tumor to go away.