PDA

View Full Version : Lymph node legnth seems to have gotten shorter

Thelegend27
12-03-17, 03:14
I posted about my lymph nodes on here a few times, and im not here right now to tell you about my worries ive done enough of that. But i checked my lymph nodes today as usual and noticed that the most palpable one seems to have gotten shorter in length but it is still as palpable as before its still a little fat lump under the skin that i can push around. It still feels oval in shape just a little shorter. I dont know if this is a good thing or not i just wanted to ask you guys if you had this same experience. Also i noticed a tiny buck shot type of bump pop up right next to this lymph node that is actually touching the bigger node itself i figured it might be another lymph node that i have irritated by poking that area so much every day. Whats your thoughts? I go back to the doctor on april 4th its a different doctor so getting a second opinion should help pyt my mind at ease. Btw this particular node was 1.1x0.8 cm last time it was measured just to throw that out there incase you guys haven't read my other threads.

Fishmanpa
12-03-17, 04:12
From a previous "node" post...

I've stated this information several times over here. I know nodes as my cancer involved them. I had more than 25 removed from my neck!

.....unless you actually excise the node from it's location, the notion of saying they're 2cm or some other size is frankly ridiculous. Even trained medical professionals can only estimate and those that are experienced and good at it (like oncologists) get pretty close but don't nail it. The nodes in my neck were estimated to be around 4cm when I went in for surgery (from doctors estimates and ultrasounds). Turns out they were over 5+cm when all was said and done as the cancer had made them grow and invade surrounding muscle and blood vessels. So please, when you post about your nodes, don't include your uneducated guesses :emot-rolleyes:

Let's also address poking and prodding. Doing so can and does make a node swell. Continually doing so can cause the node to go shotty (permanently swollen). Keep your hands and fingers off of them!

Positive thoughts

Gary A
12-03-17, 04:44
Was about to say that I don't know how the hell anyone could even begin to measure a 1cm node, but FMP has put it into better words than I could.

Mav
12-03-17, 18:08
I posted about my lymph nodes on here a few times, and im not here right now to tell you about my worries ive done enough of that. But i checked my lymph nodes today as usual and noticed that the most palpable one seems to have gotten shorter in length but it is still as palpable as before its still a little fat lump under the skin that i can push around. It still feels oval in shape just a little shorter. I dont know if this is a good thing or not i just wanted to ask you guys if you had this same experience. Also i noticed a tiny buck shot type of bump pop up right next to this lymph node that is actually touching the bigger node itself i figured it might be another lymph node that i have irritated by poking that area so much every day. Whats your thoughts? I go back to the doctor on april 4th its a different doctor so getting a second opinion should help pyt my mind at ease. Btw this particular node was 1.1x0.8 cm last time it was measured just to throw that out there incase you guys haven't read my other threads.

There will come a point where you have to stop this worrying because it a little ridiculous, and I can say that because I'm a lymphnode worried myself.

Anything that seems around 1cm is EXTREMELY unlikely to be malignant. Why are you worrying?

Thelegend27
12-03-17, 18:42
I wasn't guessing the sizes. I had a ultrasound and that measured the nodes at 1.1 cm. I have a 1.9 cm node i think it's the one under my jaw which is suppose to be around 1.5 cm if im not mistaken so it's slightly larger than normal.

Fishmanpa
12-03-17, 19:10
I wasn't guessing the sizes. I had a ultrasound and that measured the nodes at 1.1 cm. I have a 1.9 cm node i think it's the one under my jaw which is suppose to be around 1.5 cm if im not mistaken so it's slightly larger than normal.

Normal is up to 2+cm! You're chasing the wind here Legend....

Positive thoughts

Thelegend27
14-03-17, 19:19
I came down with a sore throat and sinus issues and went to the doctor and got a shot of steroids and a prescription for amoxicillin and believe it or not the next day after the steroid shot my nodes felt a little smaller its weird. Maybe after these antibiotics the nodes will not be palpable ill keep my fingers crossed.