PDA

View Full Version : Scared that I may have MS..

Bethany 95
13-03-17, 11:58
Towards the end of January, my legs suddenly felt weak and I felt lightheaded unsteady. This caused my anxiety to get really bad, I barely left my bed and I didn't eat for almost 3 weeks. During those 3 weeks however, my right upper cheek leading up to the outer corner of my eye got tingly and numb. This happened twice, but was always gone the next morning. More recently, my left hand felt tingly and numb, but this only lasted a few hours. But, still recently my legs feel weak and wobbly, I still feel lightheaded and unsteady, my right cheek still feels weird compared to my left, and lately my eyes always feel fired and heavy. Though, I have been keeping in mind that I still have not been eating nearly as much as I should be, nor have I been very active. It's just in my mind all my symptoms point to MS..

Ben1989
13-03-17, 12:25
Anxiety mimicking MS is a classic rabbit hole. One I've been down myself. I came out the other side clear of MS (after an MRI to prove so). My ears rang, my vision was blurry, my hands felt weak, aches in my face, constant dizziness/lightheadedness, tingling fingers, buzzing feet. All turned out to be anxiety. I have none of those now, just now and again when I get anxious or stressed.

I had every blood test under the sun, saw an eye doctor, had a CT scan followed by an MRI. Nothing. Everything normal. It was purely anxiety

Difficult to believe, I know. Anxiety is stronger than most people realise. I'm not a doctor, but a strongly believe your symptoms are anxiety. Every single thing you mentioned can be caused by anxiety. In fact, most people on this site have probably experienced all of your symptoms.

Get out of bed, know you don't have MS, especially at 21/22 years of age. The sooner I realised my MS worries were just anxiety the less worried I became.