PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia

Ihavelostmymarbles
13-03-17, 15:04
I'm so freaked out about pneumonia and anything else that affects your breathing--like pulmonary embolisms. I pretty much bury myself with all the worry whenever I catch colds. Being pregnant makes these fears even more scary because it lowers your immune system, and I've read horror stories online.

I mean, would you know if you had something wrong? It scares me so much because I do have a condition that affects my breathing, so I worry that I'll never know if something is really wrong.

Is there a way to get rid of these fears without medication? Talk therapy isn't really working because I've always had it with meds :(

DonnaT
13-03-17, 19:04
I cant help you much but my daughter had pneumonia and she was very poorly, really high temp she was very very lethargic, the worst I have ever seen her.

ErinKC
13-03-17, 19:40
Talk to your OB about meds you can take while pregnant. I know tons of people who stayed on meds throughout pregnancy.

Also, you see a doctor so often while pregnant that they would definitely notice. And you'd be very sick with pneumonia. High fever, etc.

Ihavelostmymarbles
13-03-17, 20:13
The meds they've said are safe do not work for me. Also, I may have to take heart meds depending on what's found on my holter, so I don't want to try a med that's category C or D for anxiety because the heart meds side effects already scare me enough.