PDA

View Full Version : anyone tried full raw food diet for ibs and anxiety?

rajatrao1994
13-03-17, 15:58
First of all i want to thanks to all the members of nomorepanic for helping ppl ..my question is has any1 tried raw food diet ? Watching alot of yt videos saying that raw food diet can cure many diseases like ibs and cancer too.. because we eating cooked food cooking destroys enzymes that are helpful for digestion..
And i also found that low stomach acid can cause reflux and ibs
Sory for bad English

Clydesdale Epona
13-03-17, 17:53
It really depends on preference, my best friend is a fully raw and they said it helps with their IBS(they have IBS C so I'm not sure about IBS D)
My partner prefers raw till 4(raw food until 4 and have a cooked dinner)
i say give it a try and if it doesn't work out then try something else x

All the best :hugs:

StephA
13-03-17, 23:42
If you have IBS-D I would not recommend it! Raw veggies, even in small amounts run straight through me and give me explosive watery diarrhea!

rajatrao1994
14-03-17, 00:14
StephA & Clydesdale Epona thanks 4 reply.. i dont hav ibs d or ibs c ... (HAve stomach psin and bloating ; nausea) doct say i hv ibs i really want to try raw food because im anorexic (bmi under 17) .. im also taking Apple cider vinegar and prozac (fluoxetine)
Want to detox my body

Clydesdale Epona
14-03-17, 01:10
My friend was too anorexic which is why they switched to raw as well and now they couldn't be both happier and healthier x especially seeing as you don't have ibs d i say go for it and see if you like it :)

rajatrao1994
14-03-17, 03:36
Thanks can my precribing medicines (fluoxetine) interfare with my diet?

Clydesdale Epona
14-03-17, 12:21
I don't think so, my friend takes omeprazole and its still fine x

Fishmanpa
14-03-17, 17:21
For IBS and Reflux issues look into the FODMAP diet. My wife and I suffer from reflux and it was recommended by her gastro doctor. We've been following it along with taking a PPI and have all but eliminated the issue.

Certainly some raw foods (veggies) are good but it's more about "what" it is as opposed to how it's prepared.

Positive thoughts

rajatrao1994
26-03-17, 08:11
4th day of raw food my nausea and bloating is gone :)

Capercrohnj
26-03-17, 12:53
That much fiber would be horrible for digestive disorders