PDA

View Full Version : I can hear my heart beat in my ear...

Chris 614
13-03-17, 16:47
I can hear my heart beat or pulse whooshing in my left ear and it's driving me crazy. It doesn't happen all of the time. I do tend to have fluid behind my ear drum. Not sure if that causes anything. And I have tinnitus. I googled. Found a benign cause of this. Should have been happy with that answer, but decided to dig a bit further. That was dumb. Then I stopped googling.

Does anyone ever experience this pulse in the ear thing?

Thanks.

orthagonal
13-03-17, 17:05
Oh yeah all the time, especially if I'm laying on that side in bed.

Ihavelostmymarbles
13-03-17, 17:09
I've never heard my pulse in my ear, but I've had whooshing and tinnitus. It drives me crazy. I once had tinnitus for an hour and thought it would never stop, but some people can have it way longer.

ChildOfTheKing
13-03-17, 17:13
have had the same thing too, also have ear fluid.

Annie0904
13-03-17, 17:33
I have the same, you have an artery running by your ear so it isn't unusual. I mentioned it to my doctor who wasn't worried. I notice it more when I am getting more anxious so of you are focusing on it, it will seem worse.

Chris 614
13-03-17, 23:57
Thanks for your responses! They really helped. Oh yes, when I focus on it it is definitely worse. And definitely worse when I am anxious. I've been going through a stressful time right now. New house, moving, etc.. Interestingly, prior to moving I was having lots of eye twitching. After the move the eye twitching has almost disappeared and this started. Crazy.

Ihavelostmymarbles
14-03-17, 00:14
I meant to add earlier that I've felt my pulse in my head. It's really annoying at night when you're trying to sleep :doh:

Jotia
14-03-17, 01:06
Yeah I get this sometimes, have done since I was kid so I'm pretty sure it's a normal occurrence for most people.