PDA

View Full Version : A fresh start :)

EliStarrz93
13-03-17, 19:17
Hey all...

I hope you're all as well as you can be. :yesyes:

Here's a little about me,

I'm from and live in Essex but I'm moving in a few years to Cambridge. I love the colour pink! I'm kind of obsessed with cats and cake. I'm a girly girl. I love Alice in wonderland and tangled and I really enjoy paranormal horrors!

I've had social anxiety disorder for as long as I can remember, I ended my relationship just over a month ago, I was in it for just over 3 years but it never felt mutual and it was making me even more ill. I now live with my mum and my brother, my cat and my mums 2 dogs, though unfortunately it's just proving to be very chaotic and stressful for the most part.

I'm starting to make some good baby steps for my anxieties since leaving my ex, I'm starting to love myself a little for a change and to think a bit more positively (though of course its hard to ignore the negativity banging on my door at times). I've got goals to work with animals (I'm a crazy cat lady) and to have my own little flat someday, I just appreciate and enjoy the simple things in life. I'm hoping to start hypnotherapy soon and it would be lovely to hear other peoples opinions/ experiences with hypnotherapy...

Anyway, that's about it for now!

Peace & Love

EliStarrz :flowers:

venusbluejeans
13-03-17, 19:23
Hiya EliStarrz93 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

EliStarrz93
13-03-17, 19:30
Hiya EliStarrz93 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Thank you! I will! Much appreciated :flowers:

Phuzella
13-03-17, 19:38
What a lovely introduction EliStarrz :)
And keep on loving yourself

EliStarrz93
13-03-17, 20:47
What a lovely introduction EliStarrz :)
And keep on loving yourself

Aww thank You! You too :flowers:

Fear-Not
15-03-17, 19:36
Hi EliStarrz - lots of new folks on NMP and I am one of them too! I have tried hypnotherapy but I find it really hard to 'go under!' I have lots of anxieties including overseas travel anxiety and I went to see a hypnotherapist for that. I did 'go under' a bit for that and I think it kinda helped! The other time I went I was trying to let go of a few issues but I didn't 'go under' - I felt bad about it not working and I did not want to tell the hypnotherapist so I just pretended to in hypnosis and then told her it was great at the end when it wasn't really! My advice is ALWAYS to give EVERYTHING a try! And even if it doesn't work the first time, it doesn't mean it won't work with someone different! Never give up on all the marvellous anxiety reducing options out there! I am loving the howling wind relaxation episodes on youtube just now - great if you have trouble sleeping or staying asleep! Big hugs to you! xxx

Mr DJ
15-03-17, 23:03
Hi Elli and welcome.

I LOVE hypnotherapy !!! For me it was such a pleasant experience

I had a series of hypnotherapy sessions for my anxiety disorder and a single one off emergency session for stage fright !!!

I agree with Fear-Not that it can be hard for anxiety sufferers to go under and 'let go'. We have trouble turning our minds to silent. But with practise and multiple sessions it becomes easier. I always seemed to question whether it was working for me but always felt better for doing it.

I was very anxious about trying it at first. But my worry was unfounded.
You are always in control. You are always aware in the back of your mind what you are doing. The first time you try it may be stressful but you will leave feeling more relaxed than when you went in.

ps. as a 'dad' of 3 dogs, a cat and more fish than I can count I get your love of animals

peace and love