PDA

View Full Version : You would think I would have learned my lesson by now

hopeful927
13-03-17, 20:30
Hello there no more panic community. I'm just struggling today. I don't have anything in particular that I am worried about, just a general sense of worry. I go from feeling a little cramp, to feeling like I use the bathroom too often, to thinking I feel something in my throat. I'm just really feeling so tired and overwhelmed. Does anyone else have any strategies that they use? It is just a general feeling of anxiety over getting cancer of some variety. Today it is bladder, because I felt a little twinge, or muscle cramp that I feel is related to my bladder.
Just wish I could be normal.

Toby2000
13-03-17, 20:50
I remember having this exact fear, and can relate when you say "Just wish I could be normal". The thing you need to realise is that anxiety and obsessing over symptoms actually causes them; I'm pretty sure this is what's known as psychosomatichttp://patient.info/health/psychosomatic-disorders. The sooner you realise this and get it fixed into your mind the sooner you will feel more normal. And the fear of getting cancer it totally normal because we can't seem to escape it. It affects us all in some way (whether that be seeing it on the news, a loved one having it, or having it ourselves). But worrying about this would be like worrying about getting run over, or a loved one getting run over, for example. The best thing we can do to reduce the risk of cancer is to live a healthy lifestyle, but to conquer the fear then I think practising mindfulness and bringing yourself into a state of acceptance is the best thing to do. Also, if you haven't already, speak to a professional about therapy. You probably already know this but this is the best advice I can give. :)