PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety GRRRR

linniek808
14-03-17, 04:13
Hey folks,

My name is Lin and I'm from Hawaii. I have been struggling with HA for a little over a year. It started when my mom was diagnosed with Colon cancer. She went through quite a few procedures. Luckily she is still here with us though. I found this site after I have been freaking out for a few days over a mole biopsy. I know that this health anxiety is something that I need to tackle.:yesyes:

venusbluejeans
14-03-17, 04:26
Hiya linniek808 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Clydesdale Epona
14-03-17, 12:18
Hiya Lin and welcome! :)

I hope you find the forum supportive and helpful x

All the best :hugs:

Fear-Not
15-03-17, 21:58
Hi Lin - heyI'm not surprised that you have developed health anxiety - I think most people do get it to some extent when either themselves or a loved one is dealing with an illness. It is great that your Mum is getting on OK. I get anxiety about health and death and loss - and you name it LOL! I try and focus on showering the person with good energy and care rather than channeling it into my own fears! It doesn't work all of the time but it certainly helps.

Big hugs to you! xxxx