PDA

View Full Version : palpitations

ricochet
23-04-07, 23:14
Hi

I would really like to know if anyone else gets the feelings i get. I feel like a pulsation at the top of my chest then feel a heartbeat sensation deep in my throat and it makes me scared then i start going lightheaded and a little dizzy, (cos of worrying what the beating is in my throat i suppose) seems to take my breath a little to does anyone know if this could be palpitations.....really scares me ...not very nice sensation.

I would be really greatful if anyone here could put my mind at rest

Be safe

Rich

jacq
24-04-07, 09:50
Hi Rich, I get this all the time the first time it happened a few years ago it scared the life out of me it literally took my breath away and i couldnt catch my breath. I know now that my reaction made the symptoms feel a lot worse as i instantly tensed up and held my breath. I still get it now once a month or so sometimes once but other times they come and go for hours, it makes me feel like my heart has skipped a beat or had a double beat and goes out of synch with my breathing and i also get the fluttery feeling at the base of my throat. Now when it happens i relax my body straight away and walk around the room as the motion makes my heart speed up and seems to regulate it quicker. All i can tell you is that i have felt like this for three years and i am still here and i have had doctors checks in that time and they have never mentioned any concern at my heart rate or breathing. You dont mention if you are taking any meds but i found mine was worse while i was taking propanalol (beta blocker) as this is used to artifically regulate your heart and that rate was a lot slower than before i started taking them for my anxiety and i had got used to functioning at a faster rate. It is really hard not reacting to them but after the first few times of relaxing through them they dont seem half as scary as you lose the anxiety and that is what tells your body that something bad is about to happen and it just becomes a skipped heart beat for a second or so.i hope you feel better soon.

Jacqui x