PDA

View Full Version : Tongue

Paul84
14-03-17, 09:19
Hello all. Pretty much been Anxiety free for almost a year! However, I'm currently in a HA cycle that is becoming a nuisance. Basically, I believe I bit my tongue last week (Kind of remember doing it, and I've done it countless times). The area turned into your typical mouth ulcer and is on the right side of my tongue, which is made worse by having a compacted molar which pretty much faces inwards towards the tongue, at a near right angle to the neighbouring teeth. My tongue sits on it all day everyday, catches it etc...

I have never EVER worried about mouth ulcers or sores or bites in my 32 years, but all of a sudden - my mind is going haywire with thoughts like...
"I have a mouth ulcer... i heard that it can be a symptom of HIV... :("
"It could be Oral C?!?!..."

I'm angry with myself, as I feel disrespectful to those people who suffer and have suffered with these diseases. But, for some reason these notions keep appearing in my mind.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to see what he can do with the wonky tooth, and the tongue no longer hurts and is healing, although the area is thickened (probably through repeated snags and bites)

I suppose i'm looking for somebody to tell me i'm not thinking logically, and to calm the flip down. Thanks for reading my waffle.

Ps. Please see the attractive photo attached.

Gary A
14-03-17, 09:39
Well, logic dictates that biting your tongue and having teeth that constantly rub an area of your tongue will of course leave ulcers and things like that.

Logic also dictates that at age 32, oral cancer is virtually unheard of.

Logic also dictates that you're an HA sufferer and have a tendency, I assume, to think the worst over pretty mundane things. Logic dictates that you're most probably doing the same thing here.

See your dentist about the impacted tooth, but I really would try to put these horrible thoughts to the back of your mind.

Bigboyuk
14-03-17, 09:43
[QUOTE=Paul84;1659083]Hello all. Pretty much been Anxiety free for almost a year! However, I'm currently in a HA cycle that is becoming a nuisance. Basically, I believe I bit my tongue last week (Kind of remember doing it, and I've done it countless times). The area turned into your typical mouth ulcer and is on the right side of my tongue, which is made worse by having a compacted molar which pretty much faces inwards towards the tongue, at a near right angle to the neighbouring teeth. My tongue sits on it all day everyday, catches it etc...

I have never EVER worried about mouth ulcers or sores or bites in my 32 years, but all of a sudden - my mind is going haywire with thoughts like...
"I have a mouth ulcer... i heard that it can be a symptom of HIV... :("
"It could be Oral C?!?!..."

I'm angry with myself, as I feel disrespectful to those people who suffer and have suffered with these diseases. But, for some reason these notions keep appearing in my mind.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to see what he can do with the wonky tooth, and the tongue no longer hurts and is healing, although the area is thickened (probably through repeated snags and bites)

I suppose i'm looking for somebody to tell me i'm not thinking logically, and to calm the flip down. Thanks for reading my waffle.

Ps. Please see the attractive photo attached.[/QUOTE Hi Paul! Yeah seen the pic and leaning tooth in to your tongue. Nah don't say that you suffer from HA don't you? Yes and I will tell you straight you aren't thinking logically and take a deep breath you aint got cancer mate :) BTW prefer to eat waffles ;)
hope it goes well at the dentists tomorrow Cheers

Clydesdale Epona
14-03-17, 12:14
Try your best to put the thoughts aside, I bite my tongue honestly every week thanks to my teeth and needing braces and I'm okay x HIV or the big C is unlikely its just sore from being bitten and thickening over so it can be better protected in the future x

All the best :Hugs:

Paul84
15-03-17, 15:44
Thank you for replies.
I've come back down to earth. Dentist smoothed down 3 teeth in the same area, and the difference is very noticeable.
Best wishes to you all.

Bigboyuk
15-03-17, 15:51
Thank you for replies.
I've come back down to earth. Dentist smoothed down 3 teeth in the same area, and the difference is very noticeable.
Best wishes to you all. Ahh Excellent news Paul how about another attractive pic as you call it so we can see the difference! Best wishes to you too mate! Cheers