PDA

View Full Version : Springtime Anxiety!

sjane
14-03-17, 10:59
Hi Guys,

I had anxiety pretty bad and was put on Prozac for the 4th time last Spring.

I had been doing so well all year, had come off AD's by the Summer, lost weight, had increased energy and thought it was behind me.

The last 3 or 4 weeks I have been feeling anxious and panicky again, went on holiday for a week during that, had a few days back at work and felt worse. Then on Saturday I came down with gastoenteritis, was a nightmare. Went back to work today, was sweating like mad, I couldn't function. Ended up bursting into tears on the shop floor. Told my manager I'd better go home.

Is this Anxiety related?
Also why is it always this time of year?

Puzzling! I need to get into the GP's, but they were full today. Will go tomorrow. Thanks
Sara x

beatroon
14-03-17, 12:45
Hi there,

Sorry to hear the anxiety has reared its head for you. I wonder whether actually you have been struggling through the darker months (lack of light altering serotonin and brain chemicals) and now it's come to a head? If you always struggle at a particular time of year, it might be looking at why that is? The weather has only just taken a turn for the better so either it's the change of season that's triggering you, or perhaps you've been on a bit of a slope for a while?

Good luck!

sjane
14-03-17, 13:33
True, I'm usually ok by May/June. I always thought it was when the dark nights draw in that it would happen.

Well back to the doctor tomorrow, hopefully he will help with the tummy issues too. As for work, well I do keep trying to find another job, a bit less stressful. I live in a small seaside town, there only seems to be seasonal stuff at the moment. :shrug:
Thanks for your reply.