PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me I'm CRAZY

motherof3girlies
14-03-17, 18:19
My 8 year old little girl told me last night that when she pushes on her nipple it hurts, but only when she pushes on it. it feels a bit different than the other nipple only that there is a little bump/blob behind the nipple itself. I told her this is normal and that her body will change as she gets older. But all I can think of is BREAST CANCER! Why in the world would I think that. Even Dr Google tells me that puberty for little girls starts at the age of 8 and the first things is usually a lump behind the nipple and tenderness. So now I DONT believe Dr. Google when it tells me something positive. HELP!! I called her Dr office and of course they said its probably puberty but with any lump they want them to come in. Now I'm a wreck!!!

LG18
14-03-17, 18:56
Health anxiety is a terrible thing to go through, isn't it.
Usually it's about ourselves, but I know all too well the struggle of worrying about someone I care about.

I worried for months that my girlfriend had a brain tumour because of some symptoms she was having. She didn't, of course, but the worry was excruciating.

Look up CBT therapy if you haven't already. It's the only way to beat this.

Fishmanpa
14-03-17, 18:57
Please tell me I'm CRAZY

Calling you crazy wouldn't be PC so allow me to put it another way....

Your thinking process is NQR (Not Quite Right). ;)

Positive thoughts