PDA

View Full Version : Breathing or Not Breathing Not sure? Normal?

looking4answers
24-04-07, 01:53
I was wondering..we live at high altitude.. and although I haven't been bothered with being breathlessness..But the last few days..although it seems that im breathing ok in the house,but if I go outside to feed or do some exhursion then I get a little breathlessness..Its doesnt last long but it makes me uncomfortable.What I don't understand...as long as im inside and not doing to much my breathing seems ok..but in the afternoons I get winded and even after taking a bath my breathing seems hard.

This worries me since I havent felt this way before..My sinuses are bothering me a lot and my head feels a little stopped up.I normally hear my heart beating in my head pretty much everyday but not as loud as the last few days.

I don't sleep well . .dreams are keeping me from resting..anxious dreams..and wake feeling tired and sick to my stomach..My anxiety hasnt been too bad lately but this thing with the breathing is making me a little nuts..

I feel I can breathe but then I feel I cannot.I don't know ..Is it that im breathing but not getting enough oxygen or im breathing ok and its anxiety .? I thought if anxiety it would subside.. It seems to happen more in the evenings and I can hear my heart beat really hard and can hear the misbeats or murmur or whatever it is..

Could sinus cause you to feel breathless and allergies? I feed grain to the horses and also hay .. and usually after I seem to feel this more..But yesterday I was going into town and started feeling bad.. and I walked around shopping and felt out of breath,and even coming home after being home I felt breathless although my heart rate seemed ok.

I just don't understand why the last couple of days im feeling this ,usually more in the afternoons than in the mornings..I too haven't felt real well .Last evening I went to bed and my wife was still awake..I slipped into sleep but jerked away.I woke for her to get ready to go to bed and felt so tired i just wanted to sleep..the weather has been going back and forth cold and warm and the winds are blowing.Other people have acted lathargic and well wondering if it all has to do with the weather mixed with a little anxiety about it?

I know that I have posted something simular to this yesterday but its more of a concern today since I thought it would pass,but coming back from feeding the animals I was chatting with my wife and found it hard to talk.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this off and on breathing thing and if they know if its anxiety or maybe the heart not putting out enough oxygen or something..?

ro44
24-04-07, 02:18
If you've lived at the same altitude for a long time I think your body would be used to it. Of course if you have sinus congestion, then you can't breathe as well as normal. If you are anxious, then you don't breathe as naturally as someone who isn't anxious. From all your posts it is pretty clear that you are anxious and worried about any new little thing going on in your body. You are super sensitized to everything. That's just part of anxiety. Try to think on the times when you have felt good. I know that can be hard. Have you ever read the books by Claire Weekes on anxiety? They really can help you understand why you feel the way you do. I think you are in a highly sensitized state and you are very fearful. Remember, the more fear, the more adrenaline and the worse your symptoms will be.

Hang in there!

looking4answers
24-04-07, 02:25
HI,

Just wanted to say thank you ....and yes I suppose its just anxiety ..My concerns is normally my breathing feels unrestricted but now its like my lungs are trying to expand but cannot.I guess you are probably right.Also this weather here is really strange goes back and forth.My wife also experiences bouts of not being able to breathe so guess it could depend on allergies and sinus trouble etc..and im sure the anxiety that goes along with it doesnt help.Thanks for you reply and I haven't passed out or nothing so far so its a good chance it will pass..But thank you for your thoughts and reply..