PDA

View Full Version : Update

Worriedwellornot
14-03-17, 19:06
So I've been having gastric problems , acid reflux and bad taste in mouth for 3 months. Started on Omeprazole about 2 weeks ago with very little improvement. Had to go back to the Drs tonight ( the 4th time in 3 months). I told her about my Pancreatic Cancer worry but she said it's unlikely to be but can't rule it out. She has told me to take the Omprazole for another month but if not improved she will send me for a scan. I can't say I feel reassured. She's my new Dr and I feel didn't really take account of my HA. My previous GP would have tried to be more reassuring. Any thoughts ?

ErinKC
15-03-17, 02:00
I just skimmed through your past posts. My mother also suffers from HA and just had the same scare. She also has GERD that had intensified and was causing nausea. She began to lose weight unexpectedly, which sent her into a horrific panic. She had some backpain as well. She was 100% convinced her symptoms could be nothing but pancreatic or some other abdominal cancer. But, she had a colonoscopy, an abdominal ultrasound, and an endoscopy and all was clear. She was given meds for the GERD and she let that fear go since the tests were negative and the meds worked. But, she isn't treating her anxiety, so she's moved on the next health fear...

Worriedwellornot
15-03-17, 08:05
Thank you for your kind reply Erin. Anxiety is a horrible thing. People on here refer to it as a dragon and every you Google or visit the doctor or have a test it is like feeding the dragon. I know if I do get the all clear from tests all the symptoms seem to go. I just need to get through this cycle again. But it's like putting your life on hold until the next flare up. Media is the worst thing for me. You can be minding your own business and suddenly a message pops up about someone dying or the rare cases of cancer and missed symptoms. I was lucky I had a good GP but he has retired and the new dr doesn't get my HA!