PDA

View Full Version : Heart anxiety or something else?

mypersona
14-03-17, 20:18
Okay so here's the deal.

I'm a 25 year old male. At my heaviest, I weighed at 450lbs but through keto and exercise I've dropped myself down to 315lbs so far over the course of about 8 months. I have no family history of heart problems on either side of my family.

6 months ago, weighing about 411lbs, I went into the ER for chest pains and was kept for about 4 hours. The pain was mild, I gave them a "4 or 5" when they asked me to scale the pain from 1 to 10. They did an EKG, blood tests, and a chest x-ray and found nothing. They told me it was anxiety and I ended up being diagnosed with GAD or Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

For the past 3 months or so I've been getting a pain in my left bicep, usually in the exact same spot almost every day without fail. It comes and goes but always shows up atleast once a day. Sometimes putting menthol rub on it makes it go away (or atleast numbs it so I can't feel it) but sometimes it doesn't work. I also get quick aching pains on either the left or right side of my chest, typically along the skin of my sagging man boobs (sorry TMI). It feels superficial, it doesn't feel like it's any deeper than the muscle. I guess I'm just asking for reassurance..is it possible for a heart issue to show up in 6 months? Is it possible they missed something? I should also mention I can get my heart rate up to the 160 bpm range and the pain doesn't get any worse, sometimes I don't feel anything. Usually the pain happens when I'm sitting around doing nothing. Thanks in advance.

peter34uk
15-03-17, 02:47
Tests are pretty conclusive. Anxiety brings alot of wirfd unknown pains and aches that makes us think WTF?

If your that worried, book to see your GP, but im sure its all anxiety related. Rest easy my friend.