PDA

View Full Version : Constant Headache?

wingo22
14-03-17, 20:35
Hi all,

Over the past 10 days or so, I have been dealing with this constant dull headache in the back of my head. Now last year around this time, it happened too. My one friend was diagnosed with cancer, and I guess all the anxiety surrounding that caused me to have headaches, which being a hypochondriac, caused me to think I had a brain tumor. Anyway they lasted about 3 months and then went away for good.

But they are happening again. I have kept a headache journal, and some days I have no headache at all (usually when I am at work, or busy) and other days it is there). I have no other symptoms but this dull headache. What do you think can cause this? Is it just stress/tension? Are the symptoms of brain tumors usually much more obvious? This is what I am worried about again..

thanks

wingo22
19-03-17, 18:49
anyone???

ErinKC
20-03-17, 00:19
I agree with Maisie, it definitely sounds like a tension headache. I googled so you don't have to: Tension headaches, the most common type, feel like a constant ache or pressure around the head, especially at the temples or back of the head and neck.

Daisy2017
20-03-17, 00:24
I agree as well. I get tension headaches all the time. In the back of my head especially. Mine last for DAYS sometimes. Currently have had one for a week! I like to rub icy hot on my neck. That helps a lot! Good luck to you and feel better!

Librella
20-03-17, 00:36
I've always had headaches, but a few years ago I had one that would not go away for about 6 weeks. I legit thought I had a brain tumor. I went to the doctor and she told me that with how long I had been having headaches, I would have been experiencing a lot more symptoms by then if it was a brain tumor. It was diagnosed as a chronic tension headache.
Also, if you've been taking a lot of advil/acetaminophin for your headache, you can try taking a break from them. Sometimes taking those for a long time can cause a "rebound headache" that won't go away.