PDA

View Full Version : Anesthesia for Dental Procedure

barbp4
14-03-17, 22:44
I am terrified that I will not wake up from anesthesia. I am having an abcessed tooth pulled on Thursday. Can anyone offer some reassurance?
Having major anxiety.
Dentist is an old guy who has been doing this his entire career. I could tell he had no time - or sympathy - for HA.

Clydesdale Epona
14-03-17, 23:28
Not waking up from the anesthesia is highly highly unlikely, you'll feel a little groggy afterwards but i'm certain it'll work out great :)

All the best :hugs:

barbp4
15-03-17, 17:04
thanks for the encouragement.
The office just called and moved the procedure to 8 a.m.
I am stressed - I feel like I am out of breath when I walk - what if my heart is not up to this? What if I have a heart attack or stroke while under anesthesia?
Can this happen???/

Lukas
15-03-17, 19:07
8 am is great you'll be straight in so you won't have time to fixate about it x
the breathless feeling is purely down to anxiety you're not gonna have a heart attack or stroke during it trust me. are you getting help for your anxiety at the moment? i'm just wondering as i can tell its really affecting you x

Fishmanpa
15-03-17, 19:14
Frankly, I'm all up for the good drugs any time ;) When I had my colonoscopy, I was buzzed for hours! My wife told me I was grabbing her butt and saying over and over "My Tushy" ~lol~

There are some really funny videos on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PhyfyG9AA) about this. This one is one of my favorites ~lol~

Positive thoughts

Lukas
15-03-17, 19:21
Frankly, I'm all up for the good drugs any time When I had my colonoscopy, I was buzzed for hours! My wife told me I was grabbing her butt and saying over and over "My Tushy" ~lol~

There are some really funny videos on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5PhyfyG9AA) about this. This one is one of my favorites ~lol~

Positive thoughts
I'll totally be checking that out lol ;)
apparently with mine i was really emotional and saying stuff like "those cows are beautiful, i must steal one for my own!" and "i need to get some more of this stuff, i'm down for anything right now" :roflmao:

barbp4
15-03-17, 21:22
omg Fishman - you made me laugh with that video! I needed that laugh.

still scared as hell, but that was funny

---------- Post added at 17:22 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

I am now worried about people in the dental office being properly trained to administer anesthesia- this is just an office - not near a hospital- how do I know they know how to administer this? they are not anesthesiologists.

ErinKC
15-03-17, 22:01
Did you discuss the option of not being put under? I've had a lot of horrible dental procedures done with only local anesthesia. If the dentist thinks it's essential, it is, but if you're so anxious it could be worth discussing further.

Fishmanpa
15-03-17, 22:17
Here's my prediction. You've already worked yourself up so that's a given.

You'll go, you'll wake up and everything will be fine and I'll be telling you "Told ya so!" ;) Ohhh... we might hear a funny story of how you asked the dentist to marry you (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teXSUPop_D8) ~lol~

Positive thoughts