PDA

View Full Version : Bulging and visible veins! PLEASE HELP

Nac6
15-03-17, 04:13
Hi, guys. Since a month ago I've been noticing that my veins are really really visible in some parts of my body and it's freaking me out... I can see them in my arms, legs, feets, penis, hands and I have a visible blue vein under my left eye. Some are just very blue/green and some are prominent
I'm skinny, yes, and always had some visible veins here and there, but now its like I'm getting more and more veiny every day. I can't take a look of my body without going crazy. When i googled (bad idea, I know) the results were about deep vein thrombosis, vasculitis, phlebitis, heart failure and things like that, wich made me feel really bad.
I don't have any pain and I'm making normal life beyond my health anxiety, but I can't really stop thinking about this. Can someone say something to me?

thebluerecluse
15-03-17, 08:33
I'll see your limbs and penis (poor choice of words sorry) and raise you eyelids and ears. Some of us just have more visible veins. It's genetic. Do you have fair skin?

Cakelady
15-03-17, 10:33
Another one of my worries:( There are alot of old posts on this worry though & its all very reassuring. Various "normal" factors can make them more visible like weight, being fair skinned, temperature etc but one other thing is anxiety, doesn't cause them but does make you notice things you wouldn't normally think twice about. xx

Nac6
15-03-17, 14:32
I'll see your limbs and penis (poor choice of words sorry) and raise you eyelids and ears. Some of us just have more visible veins. It's genetic. Do you have fair skin?

I'm not that fair, but in the areas where my skin is more fair I can notice them. You're right, but the thing it's that definitely some of this veins weren't there before and they are coming up progressively. That's what concerns me..

---------- Post added at 14:32 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

Another one of my worries:( There are alot of old posts on this worry though & its all very reassuring. Various "normal" factors can make them more visible like weight, being fair skinned, temperature etc but one other thing is anxiety, doesn't cause them but does make you notice things you wouldn't normally think twice about. xx

Well, I'm not alone then. You have seen any doctor about this concern?