PDA

View Full Version : Easily Angered?

Robin_
15-03-17, 05:23
Does anyone else seem to get annoyed by the tiniest of things? As a recent example, my mother misread something about a medicine I'm supposed to be taking (a PPI, nothing to do with anxiety or anything), and it just made me really frustrated to the point where afterwards I felt really terrible about myself. I wouldn't say this happens "often," but I don't know. I had a brief moment of panic where I went, "Personality change? Must be brain tumor!" but I feel like this is a thing that's happened for a long time now. I still remember a year ago, I was playing a video game with my cousin online, and I got so increasingly annoyed that I could tell he was getting a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else get like this?

Lukas
15-03-17, 10:10
My OH gets very easily irritable on odd occasions so its probably more common than you think, they love their siblings to bits but sometimes if they're feeling low everything they say will anger them to no end,
I personally think having anxiety or poor mental health can increase your irritability especially in those moments it makes you feel low x

All the best :hugs:

Pythonian
17-03-17, 03:04
Irritability is a classic anxiety symptom. When my anxiety is flaring up, I find my patience becomes very thin and can get frustrated easily, then I feel bad for getting flustered over something minor. Can be a unpleasant circle. When I catch myself feeling this way I do,a breathing excercise. Count as you take a deep breath in and exhale twice as long. Everyone is different, but it works for me. Best wishes.

MyNameIsTerry
17-03-17, 04:48
Irritability is a classic anxiety symptom. When my anxiety is flaring up, I find my patience becomes very thin and can get frustrated easily, then I feel bad for getting flustered over something minor. Can be a unpleasant circle. When I catch myself feeling this way I do,a breathing excercise. Count as you take a deep breath in and exhale twice as long. Everyone is different, but it works for me. Best wishes.

I agree with this as it's been my experience too. When my anxiety was really bad, I had some explosive outbursts that were just out of character for me. Then I re ran it all obsessively in my mind for hours afterwards and felt guilt for my bad behaviour.

But I don't believe it's just about anxiety. What I mean is that anyone suffering physical pain gets snappy & moody too.

Robin_
20-03-17, 01:02
Thank you all for the replies! I guess anxiety affects people's moods in more ways than one. All of the emotions bubble up and you just lash out at people. It's a pretty terrible feeling, but I'm definitely going to try and be a bit more calm in the future, maybe try out those breathing exercises.