PDA

View Full Version : CALM.. Lifesaver.

Petesy
15-03-17, 13:11
Hi everyone

I've been using this app http://calm.com/app from Google play store and it has worked wonders for me I've completed a week and feel the benefits, I noticed it from "this morning" on TV when they were talking about mental health.

I give it 5 stars and so do a lot of others :)

Hope it works wonders for you all.

Take care.

ChildOfTheKing
15-03-17, 15:48
Will download, thank you!

Kuatir
15-03-17, 16:49
Will you be subscribing to it?

Petesy
17-03-17, 18:58
Will download, thank you!

Your welcome :)

---------- Post added at 18:58 ---------- Previous post was at 18:58 ----------

Will you be subscribing to it?

Yes i shall :)

IrishLondon
17-03-17, 19:00
Thanks Petesy...I was crying on the phone to my doctor this morning and he said I needed to use an app like this. As well as taking new medication. I'm having a bit of a crisis tonight so i'm not sure i'm in the right frame of mind to use it.

Petesy
17-03-17, 19:03

Me so far and I'm enjoying it and feeling the benefits.

Petesy
17-03-17, 19:13
Thanks Petesy...I was crying on the phone to my doctor this morning and he said I needed to use an app like this. As well as taking new medication. I'm having a bit of a crisis tonight so i'm not sure i'm in the right frame of mind to use it.

You're welcome Irish_London

I've also cried in the doctors because my anxiety levels were unbearable and i wasn't getting a break thought i was going off my head, that emotion has to come out it's been bottled up inside you my friend and the release is better for you. Honestly Irish i was feeling like shit and was watching "this morning" and the mental health professional on TV actually said 2 apps and i downloaded it.. And it's been brilliant :) always find time for yourself when you're using it, without getting disturbed :bighug1:

Try it I'm listening while writing to you :bighug1:

IrishLondon
17-03-17, 19:15
Thanks Petesy.

It really makes a difference to know that there are people out there right now. I'm feeling so alone. I do have friends and a partner but none of them know what this is like. I too feel like i'm going off my head tonight...it's unbearable. Sorry to rant like this - I know everyone here as their own problems and it's not fair of me to dump this on you guys on here.
Rob

Marie2016
17-03-17, 22:43
Thanks for this!

I've just done the first day of the reducing anxiety sessions and it was very impressive.

I'll be subscribing to this, I've previously used headspace but after having a look around this app I think it offers a lot more for the same price.

I'm excited to feel the benefits :D

Thanks again x

Petesy
18-03-17, 00:40
Thanks Petesy.

It really makes a difference to know that there are people out there right now. I'm feeling so alone. I do have friends and a partner but none of them know what this is like. I too feel like i'm going off my head tonight...it's unbearable. Sorry to rant like this - I know everyone here as their own problems and it's not fair of me to dump this on you guys on here.
Rob

I wrote a thread about what you're going through especially what you're saying about your family not understanding i called the thread "thing i hear all the time".. You're definitely not alone on this Rob and this website is a godsend tbh it's a unity for us all, same tree different branch springs to mind.. But in our case we're the tree and all the branches.. It's good too get it off your chest so you're doing the right thing mate.

Take care

Petesy :winks:

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

Thanks for this!

I've just done the first day of the reducing anxiety sessions and it was very impressive.

I'll be subscribing to this, I've previously used headspace but after having a look around this app I think it offers a lot more for the same price.

I'm excited to feel the benefits :D

Thanks again x

You're welcome Marie..

Yeah headspace was the other app mentioned on TV i went straight for this one though as you've said it is impressive and i feel the results after all those sessions :)

:bighug1:

iwarzon
23-03-17, 19:04
Thank you for the info on this app
I am on day 4 tonight of the reducing anxiety this is a great app and really seems to do me wonders

Petesy
23-03-17, 19:32
Thank you for the info on this app
I am on day 4 tonight of the reducing anxiety this is a great app and really seems to do me wonders

You're welcome Iwarzon

Doing wonders for me also :yesyes: great app for all anxiety sufferers :bighug1:

Annie0904
23-03-17, 20:39
Thank you, I have downloaded this.

Petesy
30-03-17, 05:53
Hi Annie

You're welcome hope you find it helpful :)

---------- Post added at 05:49 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

http://content://com.calm.android.provider/external_files/Android/data/com.calm.android/files/calm-stats.jpg

So far so good.

---------- Post added at 05:53 ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 ----------

http://content://com.calm.android.provider/external_files/Android/data/com.calm.android/files/calm-stats.jpg

iwarzon
31-03-17, 21:31
Like this app so much I dropped the 59.00 for it annually!

Petesy
04-04-17, 22:29
Like this app so much I dropped the 59.00 for it annually!

Yeah me too iwarzon, i wouldn't usually but it helps so much, I'm glad it helps you :)

---------- Post added at 22:29 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

Petesy
23-04-17, 21:01
Subscription done this app is great.. Might sound daft but it's like having a personal anxiety guardian.