PDA

View Full Version : Laughing during/after panic attack?

ChildOfTheKing
15-03-17, 15:34
Hello all,
Last night I had a series of PVCs which triggered a panic attack while I was laying in bed, I was so tired I just started to ride it out and pray. About halfway I began to laugh even though clearly I didn't think it was funny. Afterward I was still laughing a bit, took me a while to fall asleep afterward.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Im not sure I found anything humorous about it, maybe a coping mechanism? I used to nervous laugh before I was hit by GAD.

Clydesdale Epona
15-03-17, 15:58
Studies have proven that laughing is very similar to crying, when my anxiety and depression was terrible in 2014 i used to have laughing fits every night that i couldn't control, it would often last for up to an hour. i'd say it bridges on coping mechanism x

All the best :hugs:

ChildOfTheKing
15-03-17, 16:57
Studies have proven that laughing is very similar to crying, when my anxiety and depression was terrible in 2014 i used to have laughing fits every night that i couldn't control, it would often last for up to an hour. i'd say it bridges on coping mechanism x

All the best :hugs:

Thank you. I'm at peak anxiety these last few days, right as I was beginning to accept that the medical tests the past three months have all been clear and I have anxiety. This morning I was having grape juice and a banana at breakfast and began to choke and had a coughing fit, so now have another fixation on choking/aspiration. Anxiety sucks! Lol. Best to you too.

Bill
15-03-17, 19:07
Laughter is a great weapon against anxiety and panics. Try being afraid when you can't stop laughing.:roflmao:

For example........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ

ChildOfTheKing
15-03-17, 21:11
Laughter is a great weapon against anxiety and panics. Try being afraid when you can't stop laughing.:roflmao:

For example........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ

Laughter is a natural tranquilizer! So maybe it was just my defense mechanism. Weird thing was I was still panicking but I could not stop laughing!

I feel my anxiety slow burning today but trying to stay distracted. Going to church tonight so that should keep me calm.