PDA

View Full Version : Worried about brain tumor

Eventhesparrows
15-03-17, 16:12
Sunday morning I woke up with a headache just above my right eyebrow. It was mild and went away within an hour. It was after i took a shower that I didn't notice it anymore. Monday and Tuesday I woke up headache free. This morning I woke up and had a headache in the same location but it was worse. I didn't shower, I took my daughter to school, and came home and sat on the couch on my laptop and ate something. I was sitting on the couch for about an hour, and it disappeared somewhere during that time - all in all, lasting about two-two and a half hours.

I've read years ago that having a headache in the morning that goes away on its own after a few hours is a tell-tale sign of a brain tumor. I'm trying my best not to be afraid right now, but I'm honestly pretty scared :(

I had a clear MRI almost 3 years ago, and a complete eye exam in January, but I'm still worried about this :(

Kuatir
15-03-17, 16:41
What's the reason for it being a tell-tale sign?

KristieHollins
15-03-17, 16:45
Hi there,

It sounds like a normal headache if you ask me, especially as you aren't having any other symptoms.

I have a brain tumour, albeit benign, and I haven't suffered with any headaches.

If it continues to be a daily occurrence I would visit your doctor :)

ErinKC
15-03-17, 23:01
I've actually read that headache is not common sign of brain tumor. You usually have many other a symptoms first. I wake up with headaches pretty often because I have bad allergies/sinus issues. The weather has been insane lately, at least on the east coast of the US, and it's made my sinuses go haywire.

Fishmanpa
15-03-17, 23:35
Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

Positive thoughts

Ben1989
16-03-17, 10:03
My friend randomly started having mild-severe headaches constantly every single day. He had a CT scan, MRI, bloods and the doctors couldn't find anything. They were pretty stumped, actually.

After a month, the headaches went. He's never had them since. If he was anxious, he could have thought of brain tumour if he wanted. Our bodies do weird things. This certainly isn't cause for alarm I don't think, at all.