PDA

View Full Version : Panic Disorder

Ruby777
15-03-17, 16:22
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I used post on AnxietyZone previously, but just found out it does not exist anymore. I have been suffering from panic disorder since I got surgery in 2012. While I am much better than 4-5 years ago, I had a major relapse in 2015 when I stopped taking my anti-depressants ( couldn't leave the house for a month)

I'm pretty much accepting at this point that I will never feel 'normal' again. I often feel like I will faint or really dizzy, which really scares me and often makes me think there's something horribly wrong with me.

To make matters worse last fall I was 7months pregnant and lost the baby . I had to give birth and then haemorrhaged ( they kept me in intensive care and I needed multiple transfusions) This was really traumatic for me and so far I've been able to control my anxiety by speaking to a therapist and taking 1/2 a Xanax when needed, which lately is almost every night. Panic disorder and GAD is so hard to deal with. :weep:

Anyone here was able to stop antidepressants without relapsing?

Kb97
17-03-17, 00:23
Hey Ruby,
I know I'm not really much help as I was the same as you I stopped my prozac after not having panic attacks for 2 years and relapsed within a year. My panic disorder is back in full force! However, I personally see it as you need to find triggers because I know mine was triggered by my trip to Amsterdam and I won't be doing that again. I will probably have to go back onto medication, I have accepted that and I know that the next time I come off of them I will aim to be off of them for good. Just know that you're not alone and I've felt exactly the same as you since December. Just stay strong, take what medication you need to so you can get back on the mend and know that there are many people like you out there. Sending loads of love x

Ruby777
19-03-17, 21:09
KB97 : Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry you are feeling like this. It is so hard because you have no control over the anxiety and symptoms that come with the panic attacks. If you don't mind me asking did something specific happened when you went to Amsterdam? Or just the traveling made you relapse?

I had to go back on Zoloft. I am still on 50mg/day.I used to be on 100 mg when I went back on them. My goal is to reduce to 25 mg by the summer.

xx

Ethansmom
30-03-17, 21:40
I relapsed when I went off Prozac and now i'm back to square one and even worse. It sucks. I'm taking medication and its not helping yet.

Kb97
31-03-17, 00:48
Hey I didn't see your reply damn I'm blind thanks for the bump!
I smoked weed in Amsterdam which caused my panic attacks in the first place so silly move really. I'll be going back on prozac soon