PDA

View Full Version : sertraline/lustral

chubsy2
26-10-04, 21:30
Hi everyone, been a while since i last been here to talk. Have been on sertraline for a couple of months or so now and have felt so much better, no more panic attacks and can go out without the aid of others (although not for long). But last week when i went back to the doctors he said that as i am doing well now i should take the sertraline every other day instead of everyday. I tried to do this but felt awful, was very dizzy and felt sick and light headed, so i took one and felt better after a while. I cant go without taking them and so have to go back on monday to tell him and ask if i can still take them, as they make me feel so much better. Do you think it will do me harm to keep taking them ? I cant think why he is taking me off like this because they are doing me good. Has anyone else been on sertraline and what have been the effects whe stopping? Thanks.

seh1980
27-10-04, 00:31
hello there,

I have never been on Sertraline and I don't know much about it...but it does seem very strange that he wants you to come off it so soon. I guess all you can do is ask him about it. Best wishes.

Sarah :D

Sue
27-10-04, 18:23
I have been taking sertraline for about 6 months.

I was told that you shouldnt even think about weaning down til 3 months after you start to feel "better", so I agree with Sarah, this seems odd?

Sue

twister
27-10-04, 21:53
Hi

I had a quick look on the internet and for maintenance it between 50 -200mg should be taken a day. My psychiatrist recommended staying on SSRI's for about a year. Even if your doctor does want to reduce the dosage dropping to a dose every other day immediately will give you side effects. I am coming off them and have to drop one dose a week for a month and then two doses for the next month etc...I'd go back and speak to your doctor again.

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

chubsy2
02-11-04, 20:14
Thanks for the replies, I tried to do what he said but was feeling worse and got nervy and panicky so when i returned to my gp on Monday he asked how things were going and i told him i felt worse so he said to go back to taking sertraline 100mg daily as i did before. I am so afraid that if I leave it alone then i will get the panic attacks again, as i am sure you all know they are the most awful things to experience. He has also given me some tablets to take at night as i have been finding it hard to sleep. Heres hoping the next two weeks (til my appointment with him again) is ok.