PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety panic attack over playing video game

pepperutchie
16-03-17, 09:45
Ive got hooked on playing with my nephew in ps3 and didnt realized were playing for hours already, suddenly felt panicky , confused and totally felt unwell.. That really caught my attention as i am still shaking and couldnt relax even thoughts are flooding in i feel so stiff in my chest still panicky .Does anyone had this problem before? Fearing heart attack as i feel it on my chest.. Hope it s nothng but anxiety.anybody?

brandybuck
16-03-17, 10:44
Sounds a bit like a panic attack. Any idea what might have caused it?

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Did the symptoms persist?

Jull
16-03-17, 11:03
Maybe the long time playing stretches your brain and makes it stress :)
Try to relax and it'll be better.

pepperutchie
16-03-17, 15:04
Sounds a bit like a panic attack. Any idea what might have caused it?

---------- Post added at 10:44 ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 ----------

Did the symptoms persist?

Thanks brandy i think its about the intensity of the game and yes the symptoms lingers for quite sometime as i found my self so afraid

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:02 ----------

Maybe the long time playing stretches your brain and makes it stress :)
Try to relax and it'll be better.

Thanks jull i think so yes now im afraid to play again

Catherine S
16-03-17, 15:09
Some games can over stimulate the senses a little...and some alot depending on content. But i'd say it was likely that your breathing alters dramatically when playing, you were probably holding your breath more than you thought, or that your breathing was more shallow than normal. This would produce symptoms of panic and the feelings you describe.

ISB ☺

pepperutchie
17-03-17, 05:27
Some games can over stimulate the senses a little...and some alot depending on content. But i'd say it was likely that your breathing alters dramatically when playing, you were probably holding your breath more than you thought, or that your breathing was more shallow than normal. This would produce symptoms of panic and the feelings you describe.

ISB ☺

Yeah i think thats it ISB i am not aware at all cause i am focusing on the game it self and didnt realized that i was so stimulated by the game and in turn affect my breathing, cause rignt now i am so sensitized like i was walking on hot mid day and suddenly my breathing tightens and felt unwell like iam going to have a heatstroke and headed home now i feel sore on my upper back...thank you for your post