PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Guess I better introduce myself then...

adventurine
16-03-17, 16:17
Heya,

I've hovered around the site as a 'guest' I guess is what you would call it. Sometimes I'd scroll around and read about other peoples accounts with illness and it'd help me calm down and let me know that I too am most likely not dying and it's down to my anxiety.

Multiple people have said that I have a big problem with health anxiety, I can kinda see it in a way. I'm always scared about my health and google is like the dark part of myself that points at the nastiest weirdest illnesses and makes me believe that I have whatever it is I click on :weep:

I have various psychological disorders that have all been diagnosed and have been pretty much life long since a very young age. So I understand quite a bit about how stuff can make you feel or think somethings happening, but the manifestations of it are purely down to a psychological problem and not a physical one.

I understand this, the logic is there but good grief do I still worry and convince myself I'm gonna die a horrible slow death. I'm living in constant fear and it really isn't pleasant.

Recently I've developed some interesting symptoms (I know I know...) and I need people to talk to to help me through it I guess. Talking is better than not, at least, I think so.

Think I'm just gonna get it off my chest and tell you what's up....

2 weeks after getting some tattoos (ironically it was to rebel against my fear and go yolo!) two fingers on my right hand started to swell and I couldn't bend them (no where near the tattoo sites). I waited about a week before seeing the pharmacist who asked me if I'd broken them. I was pretty sure I'd notice if I had so said no. Told me to go to my GP so away I went. Long story short, they tested me for arthritis and said bloods came back normal although protein was a bit on the high side (I have one kidney so that freaked me out, they assured me I was okay though.) I then went for an x-ray a couple days ago and still waiting for results.

My eyes get really red and dryness has been a problem too. I've also started getting really weird bone pain in my lower neck and the arm that has the swelly uppy fingers. One sorted itself out and I can bend it again, my index finger is still a bit useless and painful.

Been a bit short of breath too, I usually put that down to anxiety though. It's my go to for feeling like I can't breath.

Then..... I googled it:unsure: Yep. I GOOGLED IT.:whistles:

I have come up with Lupus or Sarcoidosis.

That's me in a nutshell. Nice to meet you.

:byebye:

venusbluejeans
16-03-17, 16:23
Hiya adventurine and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: