PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow Anxiety sufferers!

Jm1990
16-03-17, 17:44
Hello all :)

Firstly, it's so great that this place exists for people who really understand each other to come together to listen, help and support each other.

I'm Jamie. I just turned 27 and I'm a mature photography student from Glasgow. Ever since I can remember, I've suffered from anxiety. Through the years, it has came and gone on different levels. I join you today after my first full blown anxiety attack in years. It happened during lunch time at college and it has really shook me into seeking help for my anxiety.

Stupidly, I have never really sought professional help for it in the past but as I get older and wiser, I see that I don't have to feel like this anymore and that there is help and support out there. People who understand how it affects every waking moment of life.

I just want to start making a change for the better and I think joining this website to listen and share experiences is the first step.

Thanks X

venusbluejeans
16-03-17, 17:55
Hiya Jm1990 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

snowghost57
16-03-17, 18:36
Hello all :)

Firstly, it's so great that this place exists for people who really understand each other to come together to listen, help and support each other.

I'm Jamie. I just turned 27 and I'm a mature photography student from Glasgow. Ever since I can remember, I've suffered from anxiety. Through the years, it has came and gone on different levels. I join you today after my first full blown anxiety attack in years. It happened during lunch time at college and it has really shook me into seeking help for my anxiety.

Stupidly, I have never really sought professional help for it in the past but as I get older and wiser, I see that I don't have to feel like this anymore and that there is help and support out there. People who understand how it affects every waking moment of life.

I just want to start making a change for the better and I think joining this website to listen and share experiences is the first step.

Thanks X

Hi Jm, you've come to the right place! You can try therapy to learn coping skills and build confidence. I'm on a small dose of Zoloft and it helps. I don't plan on being on them forever, and I learn a lot from the folks here. Welcome!

DB09
16-03-17, 20:38
Hello & welcome :)