PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone taken Citalopram Hydrobromide?

SHYGIRLAJB
24-04-07, 11:56
Hi

I am sorry if this asked being asked before, has anyone taken Citalopram Hydrobromide before?, as I am winding down the Fluxoetine, as they are not helping any more.

I just wanted to know if any has had any experience of them and any trouble whilst taking them.

Many Thanks

shygirlajb

groovygranny
24-04-07, 13:00
Hi SHYGIRLAJB!

I took Citalopram for 6 months. For the frist couple of weeks I had a number side effects and felt considerably worse. However I persevered on the advice of a friend who was also a GP, and was so glad I did. PM me if you would like more details!

Once I was 'over the hump' so to speak I began to feel so much better - as though a fog had been lifted from me.

This is just my experience though, and I know there are some who had no side effects at all and some who had more so I can't speak for anybody else.

Hope this has been helpful! :):hugs:

normalwisdom
24-04-07, 13:14
I have just finished my first month back on them and have found them ok this time....don't think I was ready before. The first week I felt quite bad and very emotional, once I got used to them they were ok. I do feel that they are helping me they have "lifted" me quite a bit I am no longer as nervy as I was before and my mood is certainly a lot happier.:D :yesyes:

I would definately give them a try.

yorkylover
24-04-07, 13:17
I was like groovy granny,had terrible side affects for two weeks,but they settled down, now Im fine.I did come off for a while but had to go back on.Come off them very slowly!!!:hugs:

AdamD
24-04-07, 15:12
Hi

I am sorry if this asked being asked before, has anyone taken Citalopram Hydrobromide before?, as I am winding down the Fluxoetine, as they are not helping any more.

I just wanted to know if any has had any experience of them and any trouble whilst taking them.

Many Thanks

shygirlajb
i am taking Citalopram Hydrobromide now, and so far they are helping me, i havnt noticed any side effects myself but tablts react differently on different people.
good look with whichever route you choose to take.
adam xx

sarah1984
24-04-07, 15:44
Hi Shygirl,

An easy way to pull up any past posts on citalopram is to use the search facility on the top toolbar-I'm sure there's plenty of stuff on it on here. Another good site to look at is askapatient.com for reviews of medication written by genuine patients. I'm slightly concerned that you automatically ask whether people have had trouble on them-I'm sure you'll find many people who've been helped immensely by taking them. Anti-depressants affect different people in different ways so just because someone has had problems with them doesn't mean that you will too. Of course, you want a balanced view from people who've taken them, but try not to listen to too many scare stories!
Good luck and take care,
Sarah

Kate C
24-04-07, 18:35
Hi there,

I took Citalopram for 2 years altogether and found it to be great. I didn't have any adverse reaction or symptoms. Quite simply it turned things round for me. I have been off it for a year now and although I still worry about things, the awful accompanying depression has disappeared.

Hope this helps, all the very best

Kate

jitterbug85
25-05-09, 03:16
I have just started taking Citalopram and it is the worst thing I have done, I have never had any side effects with any other antidepressants but since starting these 5 days ago I have not been able to stop vomiting and feel constantly nauseous. It has got to the point now where I am just giving them up even though people keep telling me it will pass.

The important thing to remember is that medications react differently in different people. This is just my own experience but I know a fair few others who rave about this drug and how good it was for them. All you can do is try it for yourself and see.

Good Luck

VETERAN
27-11-10, 16:30
Yes, I am a vet with PTSD, this is a compliance and submission drug. You will say YES to anyone and anything. Your guard is down. Don't engage in financial matters or sales negotiations, or create, change [or end relationships] while on this wild stuff. It's a drone-creator. You will be a pushover for a slick phone scammer or smooth talker.:ohmy:

bottleblond
27-11-10, 16:51
But that's YOUR personal opinion Vet?! :winks:

suzy-sue
27-11-10, 17:51
Yes, I am a vet with PTSD, this is a compliance and submission drug. You will say YES to anyone and anything. Your guard is down. Don't engage in financial matters or sales negotiations, or create, change [or end relationships] while on this wild stuff. It's a drone-creator. You will be a pushover for a slick phone scammer or smooth talker.:ohmy:

:roflmao:Ive never heard such a load of rubbish in my life .I got plenty of side effects with this drug .But it all passed after a while . I certainly never said YES to anyone or anything .And im certainly no push over .I dont know of anyone that has been either .You dont get affected in this way ,perhaps a bit less emotional but certainly not turned into what you suggest.You must be easily INFLUENCED normally IMO ..SUE

Laneybc
01-12-10, 01:20
I was on Citalopram for 9 years and just went back on it. I am sure my husband would not agree that I was any sort of "yes" person on it. My four kids would likely second that too.

AmzOtter
13-05-11, 13:12
Hello,

I have been taking Citalopram for 1 month today and am very pleased with the results. The first few days were a little scary, I felt sick especially in the morning and was very shakey. After 2 days my eyes were very wide and I felt like I was on speed or something a very strange feeling very very happy! After that the side efefcts started to calm down and I thought my depression was coming back..I was worried because my memory was bad, I had a stuffy nose all the time and felt numb with no emotions atall so to be honest I was pleased that I had started to feel something again. After 3 weeks I felt a noticable difference which has lasted. Overall I am much chirpyer and do not wake up in the mornings with that sense of dread and constant sadness. I do not cry anymore all the time but am still nicely aware of the things that upset me..its more like the tablets have cleared away the emotional things to let you see what the real problem is. I am more sociable, confident and have more motivation to do things. I would say definately stay on the tablets the first few weeks are very strange and go in stages but after they settle in you feel much much better and are allowed to be yourself again..the real self. In general they just make you more positive which to anyone depressed is a real relief. Also the suicidal thoughts have gone thank god.

So overall thankyou Citalopram you are a godsend! Goodluck to everyone who tries them. I know it feels like something to be ashamed of taking a pill everyday and I was so reluctant to take antidepressants for for such a long time. But they have really helped and if taking a little pill everyday makes you feel happier, and more like the others around you without depression..then give it a go. It does help xxx

AmzOtter
13-05-11, 13:14
Hiya,

I have been taking Citalopram for 1 month today and am very pleased with the results. The first few days were a little scary, I felt sick especially in the morning and was very shakey. After 2 days my eyes were very wide and I felt like I was on speed or something a very strange feeling very very happy! After that the side effects started to calm down and I thought my depression was coming back..I was worried because my memory was bad, I had a stuffy nose all the time and felt numb with no emotions atall so to be honest I was pleased that I had started to feel something again. After 3 weeks I felt a noticable difference which has lasted. Overall I am much chirpyer and do not wake up in the mornings with that sense of dread and constant sadness. I do not cry anymore all the time but am still nicely aware of the things that upset me..its more like the tablets have cleared away the emotional things to let you see what the real problem is. I am more sociable, confident and have more motivation to do things. I would say definately stay on the tablets the first few weeks are very strange and go in stages but after they settle in you feel much much better and are allowed to be yourself again..the real self. In general they just make you more positive which to anyone depressed is a real relief. Also the suicidal thoughts have gone thank god.

So overall thankyou Citalopram you are a godsend! Goodluck to everyone who tries them. I know it feels like something to be ashamed of taking a pill everyday and I was so reluctant to take antidepressants for for such a long time. But they have really helped and if taking a little pill everyday makes you feel happier, and more like the others around you without depression..then give it a go. It does help xxx

Timo
29-07-13, 05:42
I have found that citalopram hbr (http://drpullen.com/citalopramhbr) has many benefits over earlier tricyclic antidepressants. While you may still experience some side effects, they shouldn't be as bad.