PDA

View Full Version : 8 weeks in on Sertraline

Mpower7
16-03-17, 20:46
Hi people i thought i would share my journey so far since i recognised my anxiety issues.
I believe i have suffered Anxiety for years however unaware and just thought everything i was feeling was normal. It began to get worse to the point where i was struggling to get through days and was affecting my family and friends so i decided to pop and see my GP. it was a difficult decision for me however it seems a good one so far.
So my initial visit to GP was the first time id spoken about my symptoms , i didn't tell anybody i was going or what i was going through at this point. I basically broke down and found a massive relief after. GP started me on Sertraline 50mg. Once i got home i spoke to my girlfriend about my issues and she took it all the wrong way blaming herself for my issues etc... it took her a week or so to understand my issues and start understanding.
First 2 days was too much , the tablets sent me on a massive high then instant tiredness and nausea so i cut back to half a tablet a day. This was much better, instantly i found a change and i was happy!!! it was a strange feeling. Loads of people noticed a difference and was getting tons of compliments about how happy i seemed.
4 weeks in i popped back to GP and she agreed i should start taking 50mg now my body is getting use to the tablets. So i began and for a further 2 weeks i was loving life then a bad day struck out of no where and really knocked me about unfortunately. The anxiety felt much worse due to the fact id experienced how great i could feel, this lasted a day then i was back to being well for week.
For the last week i have been a bit distant in myself , feeling quite numb inside , very quiet with some anxiety and also today was my 3rd visit to GP.
Speaking about it all today felt again difficult as i wasn't feeling great but we agreed id go to 100mg now and provided me with a phone number to arrange counselling if i wanted to.
Im hoping a few more weeks on a higher dose may do the trick but only time will tell! its been a hard journey for me but im determined to defeat this once and for all!
Thanks for reading.

snowghost57
16-03-17, 20:56
Hi people i thought i would share my journey so far since i recognised my anxiety issues.
I believe i have suffered Anxiety for years however unaware and just thought everything i was feeling was normal. It began to get worse to the point where i was struggling to get through days and was affecting my family and friends so i decided to pop and see my GP. it was a difficult decision for me however it seems a good one so far.
So my initial visit to GP was the first time id spoken about my symptoms , i didn't tell anybody i was going or what i was going through at this point. I basically broke down and found a massive relief after. GP started me on Sertraline 50mg. Once i got home i spoke to my girlfriend about my issues and she took it all the wrong way blaming herself for my issues etc... it took her a week or so to understand my issues and start understanding.
First 2 days was too much , the tablets sent me on a massive high then instant tiredness and nausea so i cut back to half a tablet a day. This was much better, instantly i found a change and i was happy!!! it was a strange feeling. Loads of people noticed a difference and was getting tons of compliments about how happy i seemed.
4 weeks in i popped back to GP and she agreed i should start taking 50mg now my body is getting use to the tablets. So i began and for a further 2 weeks i was loving life then a bad day struck out of no where and really knocked me about unfortunately. The anxiety felt much worse due to the fact id experienced how great i could feel, this lasted a day then i was back to being well for week.
For the last week i have been a bit distant in myself , feeling quite numb inside , very quiet with some anxiety and also today was my 3rd visit to GP.
Speaking about it all today felt again difficult as i wasn't feeling great but we agreed id go to 100mg now and provided me with a phone number to arrange counselling if i wanted to.
Im hoping a few more weeks on a higher dose may do the trick but only time will tell! its been a hard journey for me but im determined to defeat this once and for all!
Thanks for reading.

I appreciate your post, Mpower. I'm on 25mg of Zoloft, (same stuff) I had a rough two weeks, tried the 50mg and couldn't tolerate it. So I'm on week two and still sticking with the 25mg. I do CBT therapy once a week and will go to two weeks. If you get a chance look on anxiety threads for posts by Bill, he has provided great information in regards to anxiety. Feel free to pm me if you would like to chat. The meds help if you let them.

braindead
18-03-17, 11:21
50mg starter dose , 100mg you could level at that 150mg don't go any higher has the side effects get worse, sertraline was a good med for me for years on and off, sadly it no longer works on my brain and pooped out , if on a long time sexual side effects may appear , ejaculation may take an age, you may also put on weight has the Sertraline may alter your body metabolism:wacko: