PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else worry about bumping their head?

J0HN_TIT0R
16-03-17, 22:03
Hey all,

Does anyone else have a worry about bumping their head?

I recently developed the worry this past summer, after bumping my head and worrying about a concussion, that looking back, I probably never even had. Anyways, I've started to worry again, and even small taps can depress me for days. I'm not really worried about an obvious head injury, but subtle brain damage that I may not notice for some time. What do you think? Do any of you struggle with the same worry? Are these smaller bumps fine when encountered in normal day to day life?

Libra96
16-03-17, 23:14
Yes I have worried about this. Last summer I bumped my head at work and it caused a small bump on my head, which has shrunk but you can still tell where it was. I became anxious that I had some sort of brain tumour even though I knew for a fact I had bumped it. The head is just a sensitive area and it's understandable to worry when you have health anxiety, but it rarely happens to adults and even more rarely causes severe damage.

Jackrabbit
16-03-17, 23:40
Yes I also worry about this. I bumped my head pretty hard about three weeks ago and suffered from some vertigo after the fact. However, the worse thing about it was the anxiety that came with it. Just my luck, I was just starting to get over it, I was feeling better and becoming more active and just feeling less anxious. I bumped the back of my head from a fall and i was constantly worried about a brain bleed or bad concussion which thankfully never came. I guess it really taught me to be more careful which is never a bad thing. But what I did learn from the whole experience is that your skull is extremely tough and needs a pretty decent blow to cause internal damage. Not to mention there are always clear cut signs to watch out for after the fact (sever headache and nausea being the top). Just be careful. Always mind yourself if you're drinking, which is how i fell :P.