PDA

View Full Version : Constant fear of heart attack

MswhydoIthinkthis
17-03-17, 02:52
I'm just scared I'll go to bed and never wake up. I'm overweight and diabetic but well under control. I work out twice a week (at least) and all my labs are great. My dr tells me body chemistry wise I'm better off than he is. I just can't make myself believe it. Had ekg and X-rays and all was normal.:shrug:
I hate feeling this way.

venusbluejeans
17-03-17, 02:57
Hiya MswhydoIthinkthis and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

iwarzon
19-03-17, 01:18
Welcome MswhydoIthinkthis ,
This is a wonderful place you are not alone in these feelings many people along with myself have the same fear.
I'm sure you will find something here that helps.

iamdetermination
19-03-17, 03:41
I feel this way often too. I get really bad chest pains (probably from anxiety)
Right now I think my hearts ok. I've gotten it checked out so many times and now its to the point where I have to begin to accept that n o t h i n g is wrong. I've been checked out numerous times I'm okay. You probably are okay too.

anx mum
19-03-17, 12:38
I'm just scared I'll go to bed and never wake up. I'm overweight and diabetic but well under control. I work out twice a week (at least) and all my labs are great. My dr tells me body chemistry wise I'm better off than he is. I just can't make myself believe it. Had ekg and X-rays and all was normal.:shrug:
I hate feeling this way.

I'm the same hun I'm worrying constantly about me heart I'm scared to sleep incase anything happens. Had tests done they have come bk normal still got chest pain worried sick:weep:

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 ----------

just called 999 chest pains scaring me alone here with my kids

Deckard
19-03-17, 16:53
Hey MswhydoIthinkthis,

I've been there. Earlier this year, I was driving myself nuts with the fear that something was seriously wrong with my heart. I feared an impending heart attack. There was no reason for me to think that, really. I am a tiny bit overweight, my lab tests are clear (I've had three blood tests inside 2 weeks). I had 2 ER visits: nothing found. I have to admit that I don't live a very healthy life, I don't really exercise and my eating habits are not great.

What finally calmed me down a bit was an echo-cardiogram of my heart and a 24hr EKG. The cardiologist confirmed that I don't have any arrhythmia, my heart has a normal size and the heart valves are A-OK, resting heart rate 60bpm. What she did find on the holter EKG was tachycardia when I was having and anxiety / panic attack. So the reason for my weird feeling was actually anxiety which made my heart go faster.

--deckard