PDA

View Full Version : Glaucoma suspect, high IOP

Albento
17-03-17, 10:48
Hello,

I'm 18 and I've recently visited eye doctor for exam and he measured my intraocular pressure with air puff, the pressure was 21 mmHg and he told me it's on borderline, so I needed to go visit doctor after 4 days again.

That day, my IOP was 23 mmHg and he measured my corneal thickness which was about 625µm, He was also cheching my vision field by doing perimeter exam which was good and he looked into my optic nerve and he said it's not getting damaged.

On diagnostic paper was: "Glaucoma suspect - Ocular hypertension" and on next check up I'll go after 3 months again for measuring IOP and OCT, so I started to worrying that my intraocular pressure will increase or not decrease and my optic nerve get damaged and I develop glaucoma.

Before few days I've got cold and I'm coughing, so I'm thinking if is there any correlation between ilness and intraocular pressure in addition when I was very stressed during measurements.

I read on internet that IOP measuring by air puff is higher when I have thick cornea (above 620µm is final value -4 mmHg).

And the last thing, yesterday at night when I looked on streetlamp I saw something like hazy halo around light, not circles only halo and I think it's early glaucoma symptoms and I'm very scary. I don't know what I should think about that - I'm verry worried.