PDA

View Full Version : extreme tiredness, weak after stress has eased why

maria26
17-03-17, 14:13
I have been under extreme stress for months and particularly last few weeks. Had a test tues which resolved some of my worries. Dont feel so scared etc but instead feel really awful, so weak so tired short of breath feels like it sticks under solar plexus.
I dont understand why now. Have had s.o.b. before had ct in sept, heart etc all checked. Thing is I feel worse now then when I went for the ultrasound and i was terrified then.Why would that be.
Has anyone any idea, I guess its just me being weird

Fishmanpa
17-03-17, 14:19
Stress is hard on the body. Extreme stress is like running a marathon without all the legwork. Your body needs to recover and it takes a while.

Remember....

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

ErinKC
17-03-17, 18:03
Anytime my anxiety is bad I practically pass out from exhaustion as soon as I calm down. You're on such high alert during the anxiety/stress. Your body is producing so much adrenaline, but then once you relax and those adrenaline levels drop your body finally feels it can rest.

swajj
17-03-17, 23:11
You think you are relieved of the anxiety because the test results were fine. But you aren't and that just goes to prove that reassurance doesn't work. You think you should feel rested after a good night's sleep but you aren't that's why you are tired all the time. Anxiety doesn't switch off once you go to sleep. It is 24/7. So no amount of sleep is going to remove the exhaustion. Get treatment for your anxiety.