PDA

View Full Version : One week after having teeth extracted, still worried about dry socket

Jotia
17-03-17, 16:33
I got two teeth extracted one week ago, the top one has already healed but because the bottom one was a difficult extraction it's taking longer. I was still having pain Wednesday so I went back over fears of dry socket or infection. My dentist said everything was fine and healing well but for some reason he cleaned the hole a little and pack it with clove oil wadding anyway. He said there was hardly room to put he wadding in because it was healing nicely. It looked alright for a few days but now the wadding is coming out, half of it is still in the hole and some has expanded on to the top and keeps moving around when my tongue catches it. I don't know whether to leave it or take it out. I'm terrified if I take it out I will get dry socket because whatever the dentist did removed the clot, I moved it a bit and the hole looks quite big. I can't phone my dentist because it's shut now and there are no emergency dentists in the area. Agh why is this so annoying.