PDA

View Full Version : twitch in flexed muscle

Scotttt
17-03-17, 18:57
I have been struggling with the all too common ALS fear to no avail.

I saw my doctor and she assured me that the twitches were benign.

However, I noticed that I get a twitch in my thigh ONLY when the muscle is flexed.

I am losing my mind and totally at my wits end.

I cant start recovering from the anxiety until I can can accept that I am healthy.

Any help, wisdom, guidance or tough love would be greatly appreciated.

Fishmanpa
17-03-17, 19:09
Please read THIS. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071)

Positive thoughts

Scotttt
17-03-17, 19:53
Thank you so much. You are truly helping a lot of people on this forum.

I read on the post you linked to "Anxiety lies" and that really struck me. I need to quit believing the lies my HA is telling me.

Josh1234
18-03-17, 04:10
I've twitched everyday, in every body part, for 13 months straight and the whole flexing/non-flexing stuff is a myth. Don't worry about twitches; neuros dont.

Hancock
18-03-17, 15:32
Almost 18 months reporting in, same crap happens to me. It's more noticeable when I'm at rest obviously, but I've twitched in active and flexed muscles. Like josh said, it's a myth.

tryingtosurvive1
19-03-17, 01:47
Twitching ain't ALS. I have a mild (non ALS) neuromuscular problem and you really can't do stuff. For a major one like ALS, you really REALLY can't do stuff.
Please, try to put it out of your mind.

Hancock
19-03-17, 18:43
Twitching ain't ALS. I have a mild (non ALS) neuromuscular problem and you really can't do stuff. For a major one like ALS, you really REALLY can't do stuff.
Please, try to put it out of your mind.

If this doesn't convince someone they don't have als (coming from someone who has experienced true clinical weakness), then I'm not sure what's going to convince someone.

Scotttt
21-03-17, 23:22
Thank you all for the replies.

I was just in the gym and my left shoulder shook more/got tired sooner the my right. I know this isn't clinical weakness but my mind still jumped back to the same MND fear.

Surely, If I could complete a gym workout I don't have clinical weakness right?

Damn this anxiety.

Doesn't help that my left shoulder was twitching yesterday

Fishmanpa
21-03-17, 23:33
Surely, If I could complete a gym workout I don't have clinical weakness right?

What is the answer to this question? It's a "yes" or "no" and there are no "yeah buts" or "what ifs".

Positive thoughts

Scotttt
21-03-17, 23:39
The answer is no I don't have clinical weakness.

I just reread your linked post from above. Failure not feeling. I was able to do the same number of reps and weight.

I do not have ALS or clinical weakness. (feels good to type that).

Thanks to you all for keeping me sane as I try to shake this fear.

Gopennstate
22-03-17, 01:18
August 18th -- yes I know the date of when I started twitching -- will mark three years for me. You name the type of twitch, and I've had it in every part of my body. It once drove me crazy and scared me to the point of obsession. For the past two days my left thigh has been twitching like crazy, even when my muscle is flexed. I thought and still think nothing of it, it's just a hot spot that will go away in a day or two.

You're right, you don't have ALS.