PDA

View Full Version : High blood pressure

Mel_82
17-03-17, 23:54
My blood pressure has always been pretty normal.
I quit smoking 4-months ago now and it got when better.

I was recommended some Q10s to help with palpitations, which I started taking about 5 weeks ago now. The good news is the palpitations are gone. The bad news is my blood pressure has been high.

I don't know is it's just a coincidence that it went up after I started taking the Q10s, or what. I've researched it and no where can I find anything saying that Q10s will cause high blood pressure. They all say it will lower it though.

It's been around the 151/74 to 158/82 ranges.
My BPM are normal.

swajj
17-03-17, 23:56
Those numbers are far from alarming. What did your doctor say?

Mel_82
18-03-17, 00:07
Those numbers are far from alarming. What did your doctor say?

I saw him yesterday for an unrelated issue. The nurse said it was a bit high for someone my age (34) and he said it was a little high, but didn't seem worried.

I'm not sure why the jump though. It was 130s/60s for the longest time.

I know my mom has hypertension and is on medication for it. She said to me "oh, don't worry about that. Mine was 190/101 and I'm still alive."

Just seems high to me. I'm wondering if I should stop taking the Q10s and see if it goes back to normal.

Catherine S
18-03-17, 00:11
Mel, didn't you post about blood in your urine yesterday? If you have any kind of infection that your system is fighting, this can be a reason for raising blood pressure. I can remember when my bp was high some years ago and my doctor at the time took some blood to test for a possible infection, because he said it can sometimes be a reason for it. If you have a bladder infection this may be enough to raise your bp temporarily. Just a thought. But as swajj says, those numbers are not bad at all tbh, you should see my numbers :ohmy::D

ISB x

Mel_82
18-03-17, 00:30
Mel, didn't you post about blood in your urine yesterday? If you have any kind of infection that your system is fighting, this can be a reason for raising blood pressure. I can remember when my bp was high some years ago and my doctor at the time took some blood to test for a possible infection, because he said it can sometimes be a reason for it. If you have a bladder infection this may be enough to raise your bp temporarily. Just a thought. But as swajj says, those numbers are not bad at all tbh, you should see my numbers :ohmy::D

ISB x

Yes I did.
Yesterday he said no infected showed up, but I'm going to get it retested.
So maybe it's an infection.

Does stress elevate BP? Because I have an upcoming stress test, echo, gallbladder surgery and now this urologist stuff that I'm pretty stressed over.

Catherine S
18-03-17, 00:36
Absolutely it does yes. Stress can definately raise you bp, its one of the main culprits, and of course worrying about it doesn't help as we all know. You'll more likely find that when everything gets sorted out your bp will return to normal.

ISB ☺ x

Mel_82
18-03-17, 00:47
Absolutely it does yes. Stress can definately raise you bp, its one of the main culprits, and of course worrying about it doesn't help as we all know. You'll more likely find that when everything gets sorted out your bp will return to normal.

ISB ☺ x

Thank you :)
I'll try to chill - Maybe that will help.
I'm much less worried about it now than I was.

Catherine S
18-03-17, 01:06
That's the spirit, it's always good to share your worries with others who understand them too. You'll be ok Mel.

ISB ☺ x

Mel_82
18-03-17, 01:15
That's the spirit, it's always good to share your worries with others who understand them too. You'll be ok Mel.

ISB ☺ x

Thanks again :)
I've learnt to always, ALWAYS, come here rather than Google.

swajj
18-03-17, 01:22
Yes ISB my numbers have been alarming at times too. I didn't realise that Mel started the blood in urine thread. I'm guilty of not looking at who started the threads sometimes. I just forget to look. I usually can't even remember what threads I've posted on most of the time! lol

Catherine S
18-03-17, 01:27
Happens to me too sometimes swajj :wacko:

ISB :D x