PDA

View Full Version : Sleep patterns

Sarah-Jane
27-10-04, 01:41
Im having trouble sleeping normal hours, i was up again at 4am wide awake and up all day finally was tired at about 7 tonight but woke up at about 1130pm and now am wide awake and its doing my head in i just want to sleep normal hours, thing is if i fight it and stay awake to enable me to go to bed at a normal hour i get overtired and that makes my attacks worse even then if i try doing that i just get into bed and cant go to sleep and my heart pounds etc etc do i go to the doc to get sleeping tablets or does anyone know of a remidy to my problem x

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

sal
27-10-04, 01:55
Hi Sarah Jane

Sorry left the chat but Sam was out of it but wouldnt give into fighting sleep. At least she is settled now.

I dont sleep well as you know but me personally dont think sleeping tablets are the way.

Try herbal and relaxation before you try them. I have them and wont take them however bad i get because i am so scared that if they work i become addicted.

Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
27-10-04, 02:01
Hi Sarah-Jane

I also have trouble with my sleeping pattern. I find if I go to bed at a reasonable hour, I wake again a couple of hours later and am unable to sleep again.

I have got into a routine of regularly not going to bed until 3.00 or 4.00 am and then only having about 4 hours sleep a night. I tend to feel tired during the day but as soon as it comes to the night I am wide awake again.

Like Sal says, you could try some herbal sleep remedies.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Sarah-Jane
27-10-04, 02:07
Karen

can you recomend some herbal remedies that actually work and where do i get them?? im so lethargic and cant be arsed during the day then at night im energetic and and cant settle xx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

nomorepanic
27-10-04, 11:00
Sarah

Did you read this reply I made to Tracy ..

I have become nocturnal!!!!!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1929)

I put a link in there for the post I did on sleep techniques.

I haven't slept this week either so I know how hard it is.

Nicola

another_adam
27-10-04, 12:35
you could try nytol herbal tablets, just take 2 a few hours before you want to sleep they really work!.

I used to have trouble sleeping thanks to anxiety and i just watched tv, calmed myself down drank some horlicks..zzz

mico
27-10-04, 13:40
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote"> I tend to feel tired during the day but as soon as it comes to the night I am wide awake again.
<div align="right">Originally posted by Karen - 27 October 2004 : 02:01:30</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

I'm the same, tired all day, then wide awake come bedtime!

Relaxation does help a little. I find often it is my thoughts that keep me up, if I relax and my thoughts calm down then I usually feel more tired.

On the other hand, relaxation can sometimes wake you up a bit. I wouldn't recomend trying to relax lying down in bed before you go to sleep. I think it's something with what you associate your bed with and if you associate it with relaxing - i.e. staying awake - then it just hinders you. But I normally find relaxation before bed is good.

Other than that I'm not really in a position to say, I struggle myself.

mico

nomorepanic
27-10-04, 14:08
I also take Valerian tablets - sometimes they help other times they do nothing!

Nicola

Sarah-Jane
28-10-04, 09:59
i went to bed at 7 last night was sooooooo tried watched tv in bed for a while my heart felt like it was racing and felt terrible i ended up taking 10mg of diazapam which finally helped me to get to sleep i woke twice during the night but managed to get back to sleep ive got a constant headache and woke this morning feeling heart racing again im due on my periods soon so i dont think thats helping my feelings either, ive just been to the chemist to get some nytol for tonight hopefully that will help me eh! love to everyone and thanks for your replies will keep you posted on this xxxx

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx

Meg
28-10-04, 14:28
Hi SJ ,
pre period time is always much worse - so don't get despondant about these times - they will pass in a couple of days .

A swig of night nurse is pretty useful too occasionally.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

another_adam
28-10-04, 17:53
yes also if the fear is about the place itself you could try sleeping somewhere else. I spent about 3 monthes in the lounge.