PDA

View Full Version : Klonipin vs Olanzipine

Barnabas75
18-03-17, 13:40
klonopin or olanzipine for insomnia. I guess what I am asking is one or the other better for insomnia? I have tried both with not much success. ALl they do is calm me down but dont give me a good uninterrupted sleep. I know one is a benzo and should only bs taken short term and the other an antiphscotic,Does anyone have any opinions or experiance on this? Thanks in advance for any responses.

diamondgeezer65
22-03-17, 20:04
I started off on olanzipine for anxiety and depression then was prescribed kolopin after.I didn't find the olanzipine sedating much at all.With the kolopin it will calm your mind but I wouldn't say it was the most sedating benzo, at least not for me.

panic_down_under
22-03-17, 23:14
klonopin or olanzipine for insomnia.

Neither. Tolerance to the sedating effects of benzodiazepines usually builds fairly quickly, often within a few weeks. Olanzipine and similar antipsychotics can be quite sedating but they have long-half lives which means you're sedated all the time.

If you can get it, immediate-release trazodone (Desyrel) would be better. At low doses it is very sedating, but has a half-life of only 3-5 hours.

Mugs
24-06-17, 07:19
Trazodone helps me sleep, 100mgs just before bed.
Mugs