PDA

View Full Version : worried sick ive got chest pain

anx mum
18-03-17, 18:20
Recently been in hospital with centre chest pain feels burning on the sternum feels like a flare up I'm really scared something is going on been on a monitor had ecg blood test and echo all come bk ok. Really confused what is going on:weep:

nomorepanic
18-03-17, 19:52
indigestion? heart burn?

KK77
18-03-17, 20:03
Have you tried taking Ranitidine to see if it's acid/indigestion related? If pain continues perhaps it's muscle related and taking ibuprofen would help. You shouldn't be too worried if you've had all those tests and they were 'OK'. What type of flare up are you scared about?

anx mum
19-03-17, 09:11
it feels like my chest is on fire like its all flared up people say don't worry but it is worrying

anx mum
19-03-17, 14:13
I am really worried getting chest pain worried its a pe haven't got any pain in my calfs but have been in hospital. They did a di dimer was 0.2 don't really know what that means

anx mum
19-03-17, 19:45
can anyone talk to me plz:weep:

xBettyBoopx
19-03-17, 20:20
Hi Bev

Sorry you're having such a bad time again. I don't understand, what is a pe?

anx mum
19-03-17, 20:31
Hi Bev

Sorry you're having such a bad time again. I don't understand, what is a pe?

Clot of the lungs hun

xBettyBoopx
19-03-17, 20:33
Did you find out what was causing your chest pain when you had itbefore?

venusbluejeans
19-03-17, 20:50
looking at the test it says "The normal value is 0.2-0.7"so 0.2 is 100% normal

So no pain or redness, heat in the calfs and a normal result in the test would 99.999999999% rule a blood clot out.

ElectricAlice
19-03-17, 22:17
Hiya - I'm sorry you're having these worries. I remember speaking with you years ago when we were both experiencing chest pain and both worrying about this! But remember from last time you were fine and this time you will be too. I'm certain you would know about it for sure if you had a pulmonary embolism. My mum passed away from one and it's not something you can sit about wondering if you have it. You would know for certain and wouldn't be able to type on an anxiety forum. I won't list the symptoms but you would definitely know about it.

Chest pain is SUPER common with anxiety. You have a LOT of muscles in your chest and you'll be tensing them without even realising you are. People with anxiety tend to over breath from their chest too. A simple way to discover if you're doing this is to place a hand on your tummy and a hand on your chest. When you breath which hand rises? It should be the tummy hand. If the chest hand rises you are most likely anxiety breathing. Which is perfectly harmless and I do it chronically - but when I do I get terrible chest pain. It's called Hyperventilation syndrome. And chest pain comes hand in hand with it. Again - nothing to worry about but it will make all your muscles tense.

I've had chest pain (dull, really bad, stabbing) on and off for about 6 years now.

You've had all the tests and I just know you're fine.

Really think about relaxing your muscles, have a nice warm bath and listen to some music. Don't bother worrying about things like PE because it's just not the case.

Take care.

xBettyBoopx
20-03-17, 00:04
Nice chat Bev!!!

Hypomean
20-03-17, 05:25
Burning is usually muscle related or heart burn.
I get burning from heartburn and that sometimes irritates the muscle so then it becomes muscle related. The hospitals ive been too they mainly go by the color of your cough or the blood test.

anx mum
20-03-17, 09:03
That's been said to me but its constant feels like ive got a red hot poker through my chest

ElectricAlice
20-03-17, 09:13
I replied on your other post did you see it..?

anx mum
20-03-17, 09:16
no hun

ElectricAlice
20-03-17, 10:20
t pain worried about pe
Hiya - I'm sorry you're having these worries. I remember speaking with you years ago when we were both experiencing chest pain and both worrying about this! But remember from last time you were fine and this time you will be too. I'm certain you would know about it for sure if you had a pulmonary embolism. My mum passed away from one and it's not something you can sit about wondering if you have it. You would know for certain and wouldn't be able to type on an anxiety forum. I won't list the symptoms but you would definitely know about it.

Chest pain is SUPER common with anxiety. You have a LOT of muscles in your chest and you'll be tensing them without even realising you are. People with anxiety tend to over breath from their chest too. A simple way to discover if you're doing this is to place a hand on your tummy and a hand on your chest. When you breath which hand rises? It should be the tummy hand. If the chest hand rises you are most likely anxiety breathing. Which is perfectly harmless and I do it chronically - but when I do I get terrible chest pain. It's called Hyperventilation syndrome. And chest pain comes hand in hand with it. Again - nothing to worry about but it will make all your muscles tense.

I've had chest pain (dull, really bad, stabbing) on and off for about 6 years now.

You've had all the tests and I just know you're fine.

Really think about relaxing your muscles, have a nice warm bath and listen to some music. Don't bother worrying about things like PE because it's just not the case.

Take care.

anx mum
20-03-17, 18:04
For about 5 days now ive had severe burning in my chest nothing has helped it heat/cold tried pain relief ended up ringing 999 today couldn't cope with the pain early in the week they did blood tests chest xray nothing showed. I'm really struggling physically and emotionally at the moment and nobody seems to understand:weep:

Elen
20-03-17, 18:30
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

anx mum
20-03-17, 18:37
indigestion? heart burn?

Can heartburn be constant Nicola taking gaviscon not really helping

anx mum
21-03-17, 10:21
Just had blood test to check for clotting and heart worried about results now should be back today

KK77
21-03-17, 23:50
it feels like my chest is on fire like its all flared up people say don't worry but it is worrying

It must make you angry and upset when people tell you not to 'worry' but what would you want them to say? You're getting all the 'tests' but still the pain and anxiety continues. So there is obviously something wrong - but it doesn't appear that you're getting the right sort of help. It's very lonely when you feel no one understands.

I believe the tests will come back 'normal' or 'unremarkable'. But then what?

anx mum
22-03-17, 09:07
Thankfully my results have come bk normal. Although still getting pain trying to stay calm its hard when u have anxiety. The drs are saying inflammation from a drug I take for cluster headaches or inflammation on breastbone guess its scary cos its the chest.

anx mum
24-03-17, 20:04
I'm hoping someone can relate to this ive had pain in my chest for almost a week now. Cos I suffer with cluster headaches I was given an drug called indomethin injection its a inflammatory drug. Don't know whats going on worried sick by these chest pains its in the middle and it feels like burning in my chest took medication tried heat/cold. Nothing helps. My fears are back heart worrys and pe. Ive had bloods done chest xray now my dr is saying gerd? Ive been given medication to help has anyone had this pretty constant pain in centre of chest and is burning. Not sure if its the injection ive had that's inflamed my chest

Elen
24-03-17, 20:06
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Fishmanpa
24-03-17, 20:43
Thankfully my results have come bk normal.

As they always have :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

anx mum
27-03-17, 15:12
Had chest pain over a week now don't feel well in myself at all.Was suppose to go to work today gonna get the sack at this rate first cluster headaches now this really cant cope anymore. dr are saying gerd acid relex I'm worried about my heart had a blood test for heart come bk ok. Anyone there to talk too?

anx mum
28-03-17, 18:57
I'm feeling really scared at the moment getting pain on my breastbone been to work today for 2hrs and pain felt like a stabbing pain it has been on fire I'm concerned something is wrong when I press on bone its extremely sore anyone got any ideas it could be?

mcbean
29-03-17, 16:40
Hi!

I had a similar situation recently. It sounds like its costochondritis, especially considering it hurts more when you press down. Take some ibuprofen and it should ease the pain and stop hurting in a couple of weeks, if not days. If it persists, go to your doctor. Costochondritis isn't a serious condition and is pretty common :)

Hope you feel better soon!

anx mum
29-03-17, 18:37
Had it for a week and a half now just been to work was awful doing 2 hrs stabbing pain in centre of chest has been on fire to dr mentioned costo today did u have it? What helped keep think its related to my heart also my bloods have come bk high too showing inflammation somewhere

anx mum
30-03-17, 11:02
I'm struggling at the moment with chest pain and shoulder pain the chest pain has been going on for a week now its been burning severly now its stabbing and I have tender spots on my chest. Two days ago I got pain in my shoulder and my left arm was aching. I have had tests including ecg chest xray blood tests my esr and crp have evaluated meaning inflammation somewhere. Ive never been so scared in my life today I rung 999 thought I was having a heart attack. my ecg showed normal sinus rhythm. My anxiety is sky high due to these symptoms

pablo0977
30-03-17, 11:28
There are many reasons for those symptoms. If you have been checked by a physician it is likely anxiety or some type of injury (repetive motion etc.). I had terrible shoulder pains that radiated and it turned out to be from holding my phone out in front of me on several 12+ hour trips over a short period. The shoulder pain made me anxious which caused me to tighten my chest and clench my jaw. Result=mild heart attack symptoms. If you have been medically cleared start to address the underlying anxiety. That may be all you are suffering from.

anx mum
30-03-17, 11:43
thank u for replying. My dr thinks its anxiety having heart attack symtoms is really worrying

pablo0977
30-03-17, 13:04
It can be very stressful, but you need to locate the roots of these feelings/fears with a professional. In the meantime try and decompress. You can get past this.

Elen
30-03-17, 13:14
Hi

Elen

anx mum
02-04-17, 13:14
This is hell worried sick about this chest pain keeps spreading to my shoulder and arm making me think of heart attack and heart problems. I'm scared to be alone and scared to sleep.

venusbluejeans
02-04-17, 18:07
If you don't believe the dr when he says it isn't heart related, then why would you believe any of us??

trust your Dr...... they are the ones with many many years of medical training.

Fishmanpa
03-04-17, 02:21
Bev,

For nine years (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38425) you've been posting about heart fears. N.I.N.E. Y.E.A.R.S.

No amount of reassurance from all the medical professionals and members here have been able to quell those fears.

Perhaps you're right. I suggest you continue to chase the wind. Maybe you'll be the first to catch it :blush:

Good luck and as always...

Positive thoughts