PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms after hitting head

nweston8
19-03-17, 13:25
So on Wednesday morning I banged my head in and around the right temple. A couple of hours after, I had to go out, but a couple of hours after I got home I started to develop some symptoms with have become more and more irritating in the shape of derealisation-esque vision as well as extreme muscle tension (although it doesn't hurt) in and around the ear area of the right side of my head which developed further over the last couple of days.

After waking up the following morning I felt okay at first until I realised that my vision still felt detached and not focused. Since then I've fixated on my symptoms most of the time and because I've become so stressed out I decided to go to a walk-in centre for some checks. They couldn't do scans or anything there, so instead went over procedures involving my eyes, touching things infront of me with my eyes closed, following the nurse's finger, taking my blood pressure and more. She said I should be okay but it could potentially be mild concussion that is making me feel a bit off. I did also mention my anxiety.

Since then, I've still worried about my symptoms but am trying to detach myself and let myself recover. Obviously, the problem is, the symptoms I have are quite unique and although I want them to go, it's hard for me to make myself believe they're the cause of anxiety, because they came along after I hit my head in the first place. The tension is very annoying, but the vision thing is the main thing that worries me. I can see properly in the sense that nothing around me is blurry or anything, but I just feel detached from my surroundings or whatever I'm trying to involve myself in. For example, if I'm on a video game, I feel like my vision is more centred and I have to adjust my eyes to focus on certain areas of the screen at once.

I guess what I'm asking is, has anybody else ever had similar symptoms where, because you're worried about getting those symptoms you end up forcing them into reality because you're worried? I know I probably just need to distract myself and it'll speed up my recovery but it's just so hard to involve myself in something other than my symptoms when I can't focus properly on something without saying to myself about how awkward my vision feels at present. Sorry for the long post, but I'd really appreciate responses. Thank you

venusbluejeans
19-03-17, 13:34
Hiya nweston8 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: