PDA

View Full Version : new member

Jodi
24-04-07, 22:02
Hi I'm Jodi, I've just arrived at this site today by happy accident. SO glad I did. I don't feel quite so mad anymore.

I've only had a handful of panic attacks and they have been mild in comparison to some of the people's experiences that I have just been reading about. I can see how debilitated a lot of you must feel.

I have also had a few very weird episodes that have completely terrified me, these have occured the day after excesses of drinking and/or taking pills (E's) and or BZP derivitives (once at a festival and once at work-which was horrific). I've just found out that there is a name for what I had De personalisation (i think that's what it is called?) and it is a real problem, Im almost happy to know it has a name!!. I've decided today that I'm off the drugs for ever (wish I could be as certain to kick cigarettes totally)and am looking to cut down on the boozy weekends.

Im interested in finding out ways to control my thinking patterns so I don't start 'bringing on' that panic feeling, which I feel I am starting to do. :)

Cheers for reading this.

AdamD
24-04-07, 22:04
hey, welcome to no more panic.
adam x

nomorepanic
24-04-07, 22:15
Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the website for some help.

You will get some great support here.

honeybee3939
24-04-07, 22:23
Hi Jodie

And welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

groovygranny
24-04-07, 22:25
Hi Jodie, big :welcome:to you!

WELL DONE for making some wise decisions there!

You'll get lots of help and support here! :flowers:

Quiet-Lift
24-04-07, 23:22
Hi Jodi

Welcome to NMP. Congratulations for acknowledging the drugs as a possible cause of your Panic's. Good luck if you try to give them the elbow or even cut down. Don't expect too much from yourself at first.
Lot's of friendly people here. Hope you get some benefit from the site.

All the best

Allan59
xx

Southern_Belle
25-04-07, 03:26
Hi Jodi,

Welcome to NMP. You will get great support and information here and make some great friends.

Hugs,

Laura :)

manmoor
25-04-07, 09:08
Hi Jodi,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Scarlett77
25-04-07, 11:36
Hi Jodi,

I only joined a few weeks ago, and have found lots of useful info and friendly people here :D Welcome to the site!

Scarlett

trac67
25-04-07, 14:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xxx

Paddington
25-04-07, 14:13
Hi Jodi..welcome to the forum:hugs: yep hangovers do it for me every time :lac: Good that you have discovered what can kick start your panics hun..you will get loads of support on here hun.Nice to meet you.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxx

Pink Princess
25-04-07, 16:36
hi and welcome to the site, you will find all your answers and make good friends here. take kare xxxxxx

SANDYJANE
25-04-07, 18:24
hi and a big welcome .

love sandy xxx