PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety has got worse

phil06
24-04-07, 22:25
For the last few weeks my anxiety has been worse. I have been stressed out with my worrying and It's been making me feel low. I feel I don't want to talk much as I worry my manic depression is coming back...I've recently just started a new job so I have been a little bit more confident but it's scared me into not wanting to talk and worrying about depression.

I can't go a day without it on my mind. Most I can go is a few hours without worrying about it and I just have to take my mind off it...When I've been working I've found it hard to concentrate from all the worrying...people have told me If it was coming back I would not notice and other people would...I'm still on medication and have been fine for 2 years.

I mean any low or up it makes me think I'm depressed...I looked up the symptoms page on No More Panic and the bit about "Obsession about sensations or getting better" seems to be how I feel day to day...can anybody offer any advice on how to stop worrying myself so much...is it all normal to feel low about the way I have been feeling?

I can't seem to stop monitoring my mood for any changes, my therapist says it was all normal and my depression was not coming back but I can't seem to accept that with all my anxiety...will the way I have been feeling make me go mad or bring on manic depression? All the stress has made me act all funny, I find myself going quiet for 5 mins at a time to prove I'm not going back depressed.

Southern_Belle
25-04-07, 03:39
Hi Phil,

Perhaps even though your new job is making you feel more confidant it is causing stress in your life. Whenever I have started a new job it has caused me some anxiety. This could be the root of your problem. I am glad you are in therapy and have some support. You might also check with your doctor and see if your medications need some tweaking and tell him/her what is going on too. I don't think you are going mad as people who go mad don't worry about it from what I hear. I hope you feel better soon.

Laura

phil06
25-04-07, 14:51
Thanks for the advice, I am enjoying the new job so I dont understand why I am stressed...I was a bit stressed at the start of a new job before. I think it is the worrying that's making me feel bad, when I'm not worrying I don't feel as bad but it's on the back of my mind.

What's the best thing to do to relax? I find if I do nothing I have more time to think about it. I tried a walk the other day and it never seemed to help...does anbyody else feel down from worrying?