PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the dreaded spiral of anxiety & depression

emsjayne111
20-03-17, 08:59
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so don't really know what to expect from it.

I guess I'm just looking for some support and a friendly ear to be honest.

I've suffered with anxiety for over 12 years now. I've always been a natural worrier but have also suffered panic attacks often in my life. I'm only 23 years old so feel this is all I've ever known. It's only since January this year I've took the big step to recovery and got myself the help I really need. I've started counselling and I am finding this good but so hard at the same time. I'm having to talk about my past which I still find difficult to accept myself as when I was 15 I was sexually assaulted and physically on number of occasions by a guy I was seeing at the time. I guess I've always blamed myself and felt guilt and shame for what happened to me. I've buried all this hurt for 8 years until I've finally admitted to myself that my relationships now is suffering and I've not yet been able to move past this awful event in my life.

I'm also on sertraline I started over 9 weeks ago on 50mg and was off work signed off with anxiety and depression and it was such dark days with the awful side effects that came with sertaline. After 2 weeks I did feel better than I was. But I then went back to work and had to deal with the pressure of work life and 4 weeks to being back I took the hard choice of upping them to 100mg this was over a week ago now and I just feel so low and depressed again. I haven't gone to work today because panic as set in & it's caused me and my partner to argue now as he just doesn't understand mental health. He does try and I think we are getting some where and then something like this happens.

I just need a friendly hug and kind words along my journey. I just really hope there is another side which is brighter than this feeling right now.
[emoji304]☁️[emoji177]
Thanks
Emily x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucinda07
20-03-17, 09:04
Welcome to the site - there are people here who care.
I hope the day improves a little for you.:hugs:

emsjayne111
20-03-17, 09:27
Welcome to the site - there are people here who care.
I hope the day improves a little for you.:hugs:

Thank you. I hope my day improves too!

Bigboyuk
20-03-17, 10:50
Hi Emily and :welcome: aboard to NMP Only a few weeks ago I started on the road to recovery which is good but had a few set backs so come off the road slightly have to get back on track. You have come the right place, hope you find what you are looking for and your day(s) get better and better:hugs:Cheers

emsjayne111
20-03-17, 11:02
Thank you! It's just nice to know I'm not alone. How have you found your recovery so far? I've been having more good days than bad. But this last week as been really tough.

Bigboyuk
20-03-17, 11:10
Thank you! It's just nice to know I'm not alone. How have you found your recovery so far? I've been having more good days than bad. But this last week as been really tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:) You certainly aren't alone on this! I think with me having a very bad cold (this year has been the worst on this) getting rid of only to get it again not as bad this time didnt help as I couldnt get to my Changes meetings so missed out on them, lost my job last week through no fault of my own so a little lost right now :weep: Going to call ACAS in a while and see where I stand on this :) Hey that's good the more good days the better and I hope it continues for you :yesyes: Cheers

emsjayne111
20-03-17, 11:14
:) You certainly aren't alone on this! I think with me having a very bad cold (this year has been the worst on this) getting rid of only to get it again not as bad this time didnt help as I couldnt get to my Changes meetings so missed out on them, lost my job last week through no fault of my own so a little lost right now :weep: Going to call ACAS in a while and see where I stand on this :) Hey that's good the more good days the better and I hope it continues for you :yesyes: Cheers

Oh dear Hun I'm so sorry to here that. It always comes all together (well it certainly feels that way) I would most certainly ring them & see where you stand it's the last thing you'd ever want at moment. Thank you very much. I hope so too just hoping this is only a tiny set back :)

simplyravishing
20-03-17, 15:13
Hope your feeling better soon, awful situation just got to try and keep your mind on the end goal 🙃🔨

Bigboyuk
20-03-17, 15:39
Oh dear Hun I'm so sorry to here that. It always comes all together (well it certainly feels that way) I would most certainly ring them & see where you stand it's the last thing you'd ever want at moment. Thank you very much. I hope so too just hoping this is only a tiny set back :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Hey thanks emsjayne :) Just had a phone call but they wanted to me to have 2 cleaning jobs all early starts :eek: So I chose one about 5 miles from here and its slightly more money and only 2 days a week so will do this so at least its turned out ok :) Thank you Cheers

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Hope your feeling better soon, awful situation just got to try and keep your mind on the end goal ���� Hi Simplyravishing (like your username lol ) Cheered me up seeing that LOL ;) Seems to me the goal is within reach now mate Thank you :) Cheers

emsjayne111
20-03-17, 16:15
Hey thanks emsjayne :) Just had a phone call but they wanted to me to have 2 cleaning jobs all early starts :eek: So I chose one about 5 miles from here and its slightly more money and only 2 days a week so will do this so at least its turned out ok :) Thank you Cheers

---------- Post added at 15:39 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Hi Simplyravishing (like your username lol ) Cheered me up seeing that LOL ;) Seems to me the goal is within reach now mate Thank you :) Cheers

Oh good bigboyuk really hope this works out for you! Something positive to look forward to at least! Doing so well should be proud!

Thanks Simplyravishing loving the positive vibes!!!

---------- Post added at 16:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

Hi Emily. Hope you find some support here. Just knowing there are others out there who understand makes a big difference.

Hi Maisie! It really does. I thought I was all alone. I have 2 friends with mental health but just having this here is amazing to express how I feel and get that support too!