PDA

View Full Version : Need reassurance

Fay13
20-03-17, 12:15
My housemate threw up about 5 times over Saturday night, how likely is it I’ll get sick? She didn’t throw up in the main bathroom, so I haven’t actually used the bathroom where she threw up, but she has since used the main bathroom generally. I wasn’t near her when she was throwing up as I was asleep. I need some reassurance that it’s very unlikely I’ll get ill. The stuff online tends to say “you can only catch stomach bugs from ingesting germs from vomit” but then it also says people are still contagious for 48 hours after symptoms end so there must be other ways to catch it?

Also, is there any way to tell whether vomiting is caused by a stomach bug or by food poisoning? She ate out Saturday night (had prawns), was sick from about 2am that night, and felt a bit rough all of Sunday but was able to go out and also to have some food without throwing up. Is this more likely to be caused by what she ate, rather than a stomach bug?

I am really panicking at work, which is making me nauseated, which is making me panic more etc etc. Need some reassurance that even if this is a bug, it’s very unlikely I’ll catch it from her!