PDA

View Full Version : Missed doses - Help! Anyone ever miss a dose?

jenniferelizab
20-03-17, 16:10
hi all,

i went upstate this weekend and forgot to bring my medication. It was only a weekend so I didn't think it was a big deal, a total of 3 days were missed. I'm on 20mg. I took it last night and now am feeling dizzy and weird. It is possible to feel the side effects again? Nervous :(

panic_down_under
20-03-17, 21:09
hi all,

i went upstate this weekend and forgot to bring my medication. It was only a weekend so I didn't think it was a big deal, a total of 3 days were missed.

Missing doses is a "big deal" and should be avoided, especially missing several in a row. Fortunately, escitalopram has a fairly long half-life which seems to have spared you from experiencing withdrawal.

I'm on 20mg. I took it last night and now am feeling dizzy and weird. It is possible to feel the side effects again? Nervous :(

I think the symptoms have more to do with your nervousness than the med. You should be okay by tomorrow.

.Poppy.
21-03-17, 00:21
Yes, I have done this and if I miss too many I get the same symptoms. It's just withdrawal. Take your meds again and you'll feel fine.

Colin44
23-03-17, 22:57
You are probably messing with your own head, I've missed a few days here and there without any effects.

bluesunset
28-03-17, 02:30
just continue taking them and they'll continue working as usual. its not great to miss a dose but a lot of people do, accidents happen, and they end up fine. just fill ur psychiatrist in so they're updated!

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 ----------

also, a tip for the future, if u ever forget ur SSRIs, u can contact a local pharmacy, preferably the branch u usually use even if its a diff location, & purchase a few singular pills at a local pharmacy to hold you over until u get home. its only a few dollars, like 7 or so i believe. ive done this before when forgetting medication!

sandis
18-01-18, 06:29
I have done this before, don't stress. I get dizzy spells when i don't take if for days, but after a while it goes away. You should be back to normal in no time.