PDA

View Full Version : Throat constricted

Charlie1108
20-03-17, 18:21
Hi all. I've posted quite a few times now. Mainly about my heart fears due to relentless ectopics. I'm almost 34 weeks pregnant. I've had all the heart tests and been told my heart is ok. The ectopics were visible on holter but that's no surprise. Follow up with cardio in just over a week to "reassure". I keep having a feeling though in the hollow of my throats that makes me feel a bit breathless and like I'm being lightly strangled. I'm terrified as to what this is and convinced something is going on that is going to end my life. I've googled (I know I know) to see if it's a pregnancy related thing but nothing comes up. I know the drs will say anxiety. I can't understand it. Some days I barely get it. Others like today it's all day - in particular after I eat. The baby is high up today but like I say, my google searches have been fruitless. Has anybody else experienced this? Could it be connected to ectopics? I'm scared.

Fee88
20-03-17, 18:58
Totally anxiety related I have had exactly this and some days much worse than others a feeling as though my throats was going to close up then strangely if I coughed I felt it opened my airways and made me feel like I could breath more clearly then it would happen again x

Charlie1108
20-03-17, 21:00
Thanks for replying. I guess it's not a common thing judging by lack of responses x

Toaster
20-03-17, 21:10
Or people have to work. I live in the US. Like a lot of this board after AZ went down...

My throat is constricted right now. I keep trying to clear my throat. Its annoying and happening at this very moment. It gets like that due to the weather and because I'm very anxious right now.

Ihavelostmymarbles
20-03-17, 22:29
Common with pregnancy. I've had it every time and I've been having it a lot the past two days.

Charlie1108
21-03-17, 09:23
It's literally like someone is applying pressure to the area. I feel like it is going to kill me. How are you doing Ihavelostmymarbles?

ChildOfTheKing
21-03-17, 14:18
It's anxiety. Happens to me a lot lately when I'm super stressed.

Ihavelostmymarbles
21-03-17, 18:56
It's literally like someone is applying pressure to the area. I feel like it is going to kill me. How are you doing Ihavelostmymarbles?

I'm taking everything day by day. I hope you're feeling a little better.

Pregnancy is harder on the body, so what you're experiencing could be a few different things. I notice that mine is much worse when my reflux is worse, so avoiding foods that give you heartburn/reflux is helpful. Also, if you have any kind of sinus stuff or a cold going on, that can also mess with your throat and cause the tight/choking feeling. Being winded from pregnancy can also make you feel this way. Anxiety is a natural reaction when you feel like you can't breathe, so what I do when it's really bad is sit down and distract myself as much as I can. I can get this same feeling lying down, sitting, or standing so I just ride it out when it happens. Also, breathe in through your nose for five seconds and blow out through your mouth for seven seconds (& repeat). It helps so much.