PDA

View Full Version : Mindfullness

Fishmanpa
20-03-17, 20:12
I know mindfulness is talked about a lot as an anxiety reduction technique but this was interesting.

This popped up on my FB feed (https://www.facebook.com/BBCLondon/videos/1361390013924062/) and I thought, "if kids can do this and it works for them, heck, it can work for anyone!"

Positive thoughts

Heck... misspelled "Mindfulness"! ~lol~

Catherine S
20-03-17, 20:52
What's one el between friends :)

Loved the way the children grasped the reasoning behind it and the benefits of mindfuless. Although some of the comments from the adults on there left alot to be desired!

ISB x

snowghost57
20-03-17, 21:00
Very interesting video! I too had a revelation today that anxiety is unfounded fear. By relaxing, the fear goes away. I hope to continue on this journey to teach my mind that these imaginable fears are just silly and to calm down. I think I'm a rainbow today!:D

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

I find mindfulness very useful. I have been listening to some Jon Kabat-Zinn on Youtube and they are very helpful, especially the full bodyscan meditation.

It's true about mindfulness, people keep telling me that it helps with anxiety. I am looking at one of his videos now. Thank you for sharing this information.

Clydesdale Epona
20-03-17, 23:02
Mindfulness is the biggest part of my recovery i love it! x

All the best :hugs:

.Poppy.
21-03-17, 00:24
Aww, look at all the cute little British children :)

I do think mindfulness is very important - thanks for the share. It's hard to practice sometimes, but I always feel better when I do.