PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety developed into depression

Squish
20-03-17, 22:40
Hi guys

Not super new here, just didn't bring up the courage to post. I joined this site when I had anxiety. Now it's less of a problem, but because of it I have developed depression. Not been diagnosed, but it sure as hell feels like it. Maybe from social isolation, as I have social anxiety, but again, I don't feel it as strong as I used to. I feel pretty numb most of the time.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post, hope someone finds comfort that they're not alone.

~Squish

venusbluejeans
20-03-17, 22:45
Hiya Squish and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Valencia
21-03-17, 00:00
Hi,
Just wanted to let you know to take it one day at a time. Depression is definetly rough... But you will get better. Everything feels like the biggest effort in the world right now... I've been there. Thats why you need to be patient with yourself and recognize the little things you can do. Those little steps will eventually become bigger steps and you will get better! You cant give up. Keep looking forward... And keep your mind occupied... It can be anything... Reading.. Writing.. Painting.. Sports... Cleaning...Homework! Whatever can keep you busy and give you sense of purpose...and of course if you feel up to it, counseling is very helpful :)