PDA

View Full Version : Worried about my blood rest results. White cells.

Bonnibelle
21-03-17, 07:14
I've had chronic fatigue for over a year. I have an underactive thyroid so it was put down to that.my gp does an mot twice a year to keep an eye on me. In November everything was ok other than sodium a tad low but that came back up.

Last week I had my thyroid tested as normal which I do privately and my gp just wanted me to 're test sodium but it worked out cheaper for me to do an mot test than pat individually for certain ones. Now wishing I didn't as I've had anxiety about my health this last year and being so fatigued its led to social anxiety and agoraphobia.

So I had tested the, liver and kidney function, hba1c, cholesterol, ferritin, thyroid and gout. All ok other than the following...

Neutrophils 1.6 (range 2-7.5) nhs range here starts at 1.7.
Lymphocytes 3.98 (range is up to 3.65) nhs range goes up to 4.2.
Hct 0.451 (range 0.45)

Sodium 134 (range 135-145) nhs range begins at 133. I'm always low end of normal.

Liver count
Ast - 35.1 (range up to 35)
ALT - 36 (range up to 35)

I'm worried sick as I've never had liver issues. My cholesterol was sky high 2 years ago at 6.9 and it's now 4.6. I've a good clean diet. I'm 37 years old, don't smoke or drink. I'm 5ft tall and 118lbs.

I've had low neutrophils in the past but at the time had bad acne. I don't anymore and twice in the last 18 months neutrophils been 4.4 so very good. They're now 1.6 so I'm scared, even more so my lymphocytes are raised. I didn't have a cold at the time of the test or any spots. A week prior to the test I came out with a weird bruise under my right arm thst was very sore and above it the area was red and swollen. It went down after a few dsys. No idea what it was but could it a week later influence the test?

I can't speak to my gp until friday. I'm in bits terrified I've cancer and I'm going to leave my children. I've had such a tough year with chronic fatigue and all the anxiety iits caused being at home so much. My gp thinks I have cfs along with the thyroid issue but now I'm terrified it's not that. Now I'm terrified I've had something awful for a year and it's been missed.

Should I be worried? It's such a long wait to Friday to speak to my gp.

Toaster
21-03-17, 10:53
Everything is barely out of range. I once had a neutrophil count of 11.4. In the same test I had lower lymphocytes. A low MPV. A low RDW. High reticulocytes. WBC was 15. RBC was almost out of the range.

I went back two weeks later and my neutrophils dropped to 8 and my doctor was happy and eventually sent me on my way. He said they use statistics and averages to determine the ranges and healthy people commonly are outside the range.

Talk to your doc. Only they should evaluate these tests.

Bonnibelle
21-03-17, 12:24
Everything is barely out of range. I once had a neutrophil count of 11.4. In the same test I had lower lymphocytes. A low MPV. A low RDW. High reticulocytes. WBC was 15. RBC was almost out of the range.

I went back two weeks later and my neutrophils dropped to 8 and my doctor was happy and eventually sent me on my way. He said they use statistics and averages to determine the ranges and healthy people commonly are outside the range.

Talk to your doc. Only they should evaluate these tests.

Thank you for your reply it means a lot.

Yes I am talking to him Friday, I know they are only a tiny bit out of range so maybe I am worrying unnecessarily. It's just for 17 months I have had chronic faitgue and energy crashes that land me in bed for a day or so, usually after stress/upset or after exertion. I tire easily and every day am exhausted. GP is aware and thinks i have CFS caused by depression and stress (I was attacked 4 years ago which led to chronic anxiety and stress) and my thyoid has been underactive which is now in range and doing much better. Yet here i am still fatigued and weak legged if I overdo things and feel too tired to get out and about. It's all the last 17 months led to withdrawal and anxiety, I hid away at home due to how fatigued and drained I felt and fear of how ill I felt. It led to agoraphobia (I had agoraphobia after the attack but overcame it) and social anxiety again. My GP thinks it has led to depression also which will cause fatigue. Me being me having these results it sent me into panic. Especially when the liver ones were over range and never have been before, and then the white cells, it sent me into a panic spin last night.

I hope my GP can put my mind at rest. Thank you for helping me.